Other coupling

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Which of the following pairing do you like best?

Ah 7 + Yue Ru
17%
Ah 7 + Butterfly
21%
Xiao Yao's master + Sheng Gu
31%
Xiao Yao's master + Queen
5%
Jian Shen (Sword Saint) + Queen
2%
Jiang Ming + Nu Yan(Fox-demon)
17%
King + Queen
7%

Total votes: 42

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Other coupling

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:24 pm

What do you think of the other character relationships? Do you think Ah7 should end up with YueRu or Butterfly ? how about Ling Er's mother (Queen)~ she had 3 options...lol And a few hints of Anu liking XiaoYao~~ ~ Discuss here!! 8-)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:19 am

At first I thought Ah 7 was a bit of a dope.. didn't like him much~ but then when we saw more of his character, I sort of felt sorry for him; since his love for Yue Ru was unrequited.. Yue Ru constantly tells her problems to Ah 7 about her unconditional love for Xiao Yao, and what Xiao Yao is doing to her (not showing her affection), and yet it's the very way she's treating Ah Qi..so I thought that was a bit sad... It looked like Ah Qi was more sad than Xiao Yao when Yue Ru died. Yue Ru and Ah Qi are pretty much opposites, but they don't look good together, and there's hardly any chemistry since they are family. Sometimes I feel that Yue Ru deserves someone like Ah Qi, rather than Xiao Yao~ someone who loves her 100%, but love is not always fair so I guess it can't be helped.

crazie_gal
Hero Wannabe

Postby crazie_gal » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:52 pm

hehe..i think ah7 shld b wif butterfly..coz she reali like him and i nearly cried when i c tt part..haiis

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 am

YanYan:yea, i think that yue ru did realize that ah qi really liked her, but she just didn't like him. Since she knew that xiao yao only loved ling'er, i think she should have given ah qi a chance and not stick to xiao yao and be the third party. then she wouldn't have died and things wouldn't have turned out as bad.

Agree with you Chibijen =)

= = == = = = == =

yea, i think that yue ru did realize that ah qi really liked her, but she just didn't like him. Since she knew that xiao yao only loved ling'er, i think she should have given ah qi a chance and not stick to xiao yao and be the third party.

= == = = = = = ==

Doesn't always work that way though ^^; I don't think she ever liked Ah7 that way... About YueRu being the 'third party', I wouldn't say she wanted to go between the two deliberately and steal XiaoYao from LingEr or anything like that.. She loved Xiaoyao so much she wanted him to see him happy, even though she knew he loved LingEr (which is why she tried to make them back together). She wants to be by his side and support him (esp in the times when LingEr wasn't with him-which was through most of the series).

When I'm saying 'not trying to go between the two' <- I'm not referring to the early episodes of YueRu ^^ (it didn't get that serious anyway)

Giving Ah7 a chance would change the story in a funny way I think. But hey~ they changed Ah7 a bit in the series, by making him learn to fight (which was odd). I sorta think the pairing of Ah7 with Butterfly girl would be nice~~ but yeh, he only loves YueRu til the end.

My favourite couple in the above category would have to be XiaoYao's Master and Sheng Gu =)

I personally didn't like the Queen with either 3 guys :-X
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:34 am

Ah Qi..woah, despite not being able to fight at all drew the courage to challenge Yue Ru in the marriage contest...one way of looking at it is he's rather stupid (reminded me of his game character) but then the director added some more depth, such as his encounter with the Fox demon (or what was it?), which only proved he wasn't a complete idiot, but someone who loves someone so much, even though he knows he has no chance.. When Ah Qi tells Ling Er 'rather than to love, why not understand' he probably put his own values in that quote :)

That quote is sorta nice..but annoying at the same time!! XD XD

@yanyan
It would have been interesting if Yue Ru gave Ah Qi a chance.. but it just doesn't seem like her nature to do so.. she only seems considerate to Xiao Yao.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:22 pm

酒剑仙 and 圣姑

Drunken sword master + Holy mother

Altough they started as a One-night-stand..

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:56 pm

Their relationship was interesting to watch afterwards..I think they would have made a really nice happy family (An Nu, Drunken Master and Sheng Gu) but yeh..too bad you don't really get to see that happen. Do you think Drunken Master actually love ShengGu afterwards?

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Well, I found it obvious that Drunken Sword master loves Sheng Gu, at the time when some dude tried to throw a china (or something) at Sheng Gu when she was in the jail car, and Drunken Sword master deflected it...

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:23 pm

I particulaurly liked the part where he said "we're going to save our daughter" ^^

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:21 pm

I think if he didn't die, he would start taking responsibility as a father to Ah Nu and a husband to Sheng Gu.. I mean, even though it was LingEr's mum he was thinking of when he first slept with ShengGu, it was still Sheng Gu who he was with, and so its still believable that he had more feelings towards her.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:23 pm

I think Drunken Sword is lost/ confused and in denial..his love for QingEr happened through listening to a story he got very into. Then when he got drunk and slept with ShengGu, thinking she was QingEr. He cannot face reality, but yeh..I think later on- 10years later..he finally faces it. Esp when XiaoYao told him not to drink anymore =) All this, started from a mistake.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:03 pm

snowrain wrote:i think is jiang ming and nu yuan...
cuz i think their story is also touching.....
and i like how xiaoyao described jiang ming love for nu yuan
'明知是妖﹐ 還這麼愛'...

simms wrote:i should have voted Ah 7 and Butterfly.. I really wanted them to be together

Yeah, I think it would be nice for them to be together... :( I guess it followed the game, and it was made butterfuly girl had to give up her life for him... >< Ah Qi deserves someone like her... but i guess his heart was towards at Yue Ru... Have u noticed that the characters tend to love a person, and love them only? They don't really seem to change O.o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:27 pm

I think Jiang Ming is all over his head...

His wife has been killing people of the Clan ever since the night of their wedding... His master even told him that she is a Fox demon and she has killed many of their trainees...and yet Jiang Ming is STILL ASKING "What did she do wrong?!"....His daughter looks way prettier in the drama though = )
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:10 pm

umm..are you sure? I thought it was explained afterwards it wasn't this lady...it just happened to be another fox demon O.o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

dragonite3579_
Hero Wannabe

Postby dragonite3579_ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:19 pm

ah7 n butterfly....lol...anyway they may be a misunderdtanding tt i prefer the yue ru couple so i shall say it here once tt although ady comes in first in my sig....i like her bcoz she acts well....but i still support the ling'er xiao yao couple bcoz they r so cute
An Yi Xuan<3 Liu Yi Fei<3 Yang Mi<3 Alyssa Chia<3>.<Huang Xiao Ming

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”