.The Tragic Ending.

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Which ending did you prefer?

TV Series- Chinese Paladin
42%
RPG 95 version/XP
58%

Total votes: 31

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

.The Tragic Ending.

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Which ending did you find more satisfying? touching? Other endings you would prefer? Discuss here! :D

There's quite a lot of differences between the 2; some include:

-YueRu Revives?
-LingEr's body?
-Ah Nu in battle/Ah Nu being a sacrifice?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:23 pm

kira wrote:the game's ending would be nicer... if u met the condition... ling'er will nt die...
but in the series... ling'er will die...
so the game is better... haha...

yanyan wrote:doesn't xiao yao end up with yue ru in the game?

It's quite hard to say really, >< When I first played the game, I found the ending sooooooooooooooo sad!!! I mean... Ling'Er sacrificed herself to save everyone..it was really significant~ since no one else could destory the never-dying snake demon-merged-with-Bai Yue... *sigh* So on that part, I loved her significance, and felt really sad she died..but it wasn't a meaningless death, and Xiao Yao still has Yi Ru... everything was coming to an end..it starts snowing, and to our surprise, Yue Ru stood before Xiao Yao holding onto Yi Ru. In that sense, it was 'awwwwww.....' sort of reaction since Xiao Yao doesn't have to be alone. Even though I prefer Ling Er over Yue Ru, in the game, I still liked all the characters as much and so i was pleased with this ending.

In the series, I liked it how Xiao Yao showed more love towards Ling Er <3 The ending was....ok..very sad.. mainly because all the main casts are dead, and it looked like Ling Er survived at the end, but then ><!!! Very sad lines and yeah, very touching.. I donno which ending I like better; I'd say the game ending was a little happier, (since Xiao Yao ends up with someone at least) whereas the series, all alone (but with Yi Ru again)

lroz wrote:I didn't play the game cause I don't know where to download the game :(

So can't vote, but the game I heard, in the end, Xiao Yao was with Yue Ru, she was unconsious for don't know how long then woke up.

The ending is shown through images, it doesn't actually say Yue Ru was alive at the end...but merely Xiao Yao sees her standing there.. it makes the audience wonder if she's really alive, or a ghost.. but in Xian Jian 2, she's alive, so yeh XD

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:29 am

I really like the ending to the game - seeing YueRu at the end with YiRu was a really satisifying ending. It was a neat touch to the story and surprising ~ cause I didn't really expect to see that. Before I finished watching the series, I thought that was going to happen as well, so was sorta disappointed she wasn't revived~ but the director changed the circumstances of the series, making everyone die (sometimes seems unnecessary too) that it would be odd to see YueRu alive. It would kill the purpose of the director to try and kill of everyone xD
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:20 pm

I have to say...The TV ending was so unexpected...

I mean, when I started the first episode, I knew that Ling Er is going to die, and I guess that's one of the reason why my friends (who haven't played the game) enjoyed it more than I did. Everytime I see Xiao Yao misses a chance to be with Ling Er, I feel so wasted inside, while my friends don't seem to have a problem with that (their ignorance told them that Xiao Yao will eventually be with Ling Er and they will live happily ever after like all the other Wu Xia series)

But in the game, Ling Er and the Water Demon clash and 同归于尽 <---Don't know how to say that in English, I don't want to use KamaKaze...Then Xiao Yao witness Ling Er's accendance to heaven where the Snake staff stood...

On television, Xiao Yao and Ling Er made a promise that they will both be alive at the end (I had my fingers crossed). And after the Water Demon exploded (1 head, What the fuck?) Ling Er was shown drifting from the water towards Xiao Yao, and they hugged and twirled. This is the time when I faced a real dilema: I can't choose whether I want to keep watch it or not, because part of me want this to be a happy ending, but the other half is afraid that what's happening next will be something I will regret knowing...And before I know it, Ling Er is covered in blood...(Tears ran down my cheeks)

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:55 pm

同归于尽

Suicide ^^

On television, Xiao Yao and Ling Er made a promise that they will both be alive at the end (I had my fingers crossed). And after the Water Demon exploded (1 head, What the fuck?) Ling Er was shown drifting from the water towards Xiao Yao, and they hugged and twirled. This is the time when I faced a real dilema: I can't choose whether I want to keep watch it or not, because part of me want this to be a happy ending, but the other half is afraid that what's happening next will be something I will regret knowing...And before I know it, Ling Er is covered in blood...(Tears ran down my cheeks)

ahh...same feeling here about the last/ending part...wanted XiaoYao to be with LingEr *tears*
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:24 pm

pplppl wrote:If yueru is revived in the game version, i'll prefer it to the drama series..
Cos she's very wei da to sacrifice so much for xy and 02... more decisive also..

Well.. I suppose if you like her character more, and prefer her to be with Xiao Yao... you do have to keep in mind that the characters in the series and game are slightly different in personality, and events happen differently.. Yue Ru wasn't exactly wei da in the game.

kiyuster wrote:Really? What condition?
I haven't played the game yet, but I might if this condition does exist.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:54 pm

Lol, when I first saw the requirements to activate Ling Er's hidden ending, I was like "Whoa, I will never get this many things". But as it turns out, by the time you reaches the stage where you activate the ending, you would've gotten 9/10th (if not all) the items required...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Fieryshadow
Hero Wannabe

Postby Fieryshadow » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:54 pm

hidden ending? wanna spoil it for us? xD

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 pm

the votes are 50/50 so which is better? :?: :?:
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

ling_er_rox
Hero Wannabe

Postby ling_er_rox » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:17 am

what is ling er's hidden ending?

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:55 pm

anyone can post a short video of the ending in the RPG i dont have the
game

kokoro no itami wa

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 am

I made a thread about the hidden endings...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:47 pm

kk i go try searching......

kokoro no itami wa

zeta_msz_006
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby zeta_msz_006 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:02 am

purpleGirl wrote:
同归于尽

Suicide ^^

IMHO kamikaze would be closer to the actual meaning than just suicide.

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby alih27 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:13 pm

i would say that i like the ending of the game than the series... seeing yue ru and yiru.... but still sad bec. ling er died.... but in the series, almost all of the main cast died... except for xiao yao....
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”