[Scene] Yue Ru's death

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

[Scene] Yue Ru's death

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:08 am

After the battle with the 7 dragons (which didn't exist in the series) the tower starts to crumble

Inside..

The scene blacks out..next moment..

YueRu says her mother wants to see him, and asks whether she'll bring him to her
XiaoYao says he's tired, and talk about it next time.
YueRu says 'Then..I'll go myself'

XiaoYao: "YueRu! Wait for me.."

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:25 pm

I donno which one was more sad ><~~!! T___T
That was quite...tragic...soo sad..... it happened so suddenly and there was no signs that she would die, since it was pretty random..in terms of different parts falling down.

In the Drama.. there was a lot of foreshadow that hinted to us someone was going to die in the Tower.. but at least before Yue Ru dies, Xiao Yao was able to spend some 'quality' time with her..but still..
I think the series wasn't explained well enough, and made fans wonder why she pulled them away, and didn't escape with them... o.o Guess its a curse, and that someone had to die (which is a weird curse)

I liked the game part better..instead of the 'someone must die' curse.. to me, that just didn't make sense.

Also, in the drama- it seemed like it was Xiao Yao or Ling er's fault that she died, even though she chose to herself. While in the game.. you could't blame anyone.

I didn't like the fact in the series, she wasn't even given a body..ok, so the tower crumbled and fell...but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a body.. o.o Since the director decided to do that... then why couldn't they make Yue Ru alive in the end? That could really make sense, and be a little more faithful to the game.. While I'm happy that the director chose to show a stronger affectionate bond between Ling Er and Xiao Yao, Yue Ru got a little ripped off I think... o.o

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:18 pm

yea..and i wonder how Bai Yue crumbling the tower fits in all this =\ Like..would the sword fall and kill YueRu if BaiYue didn't start crumbling it?

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

From the TV Series

Postby purpleGirl » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:11 pm

Chinese Paladin Scene

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

obsessionns
Hero Wannabe

Postby obsessionns » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 pm

omg. the pics all reminded me of the scene yueru died. its just so sad. =( i think i might prefer the game version since its not as tragic but i also think that the serial version will definitely make it more memorable.
[xiaoyao gege, ling`er will not let you be lonely again]

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Yue Ru died the most retarded death in the film...

In the game:
She was holding onto Ling Er and Xiao Yao, when those two somehow got themselves into (Lava?) Then a huge frickin' rock landed on her and she died...: (

In the film:
What the hell? After they slash all the poles in the chamber (Don't have to go through all the maze to find the poles, like in the game). All three of them are just standing there while holding hands! What the hellx2, then Yue Ru realize that she will sacrifice herself and threw Ling Er and Xiao Yao into a safe area (A place not hard to get to I might add)... then one of the pole landed on her...

My thoughts:
You can make no comments about her death in the game because...Well, who knew the big rock was coming, and even if you do, there is no way to dodge it...

But in the film!! WHY ARE YOU THREE STANDING THERE?? For god's sake, and I don't know what flooded Yue Ru's mind at that second because, last time I checked...It's really not that hard for all three of you to get to that safe area if you just went there after you slash the poles...Stupid director and the guy responsible for the remake of the story...

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:03 pm

GAME
She was holding onto Ling Er and Xiao Yao, when those two somehow got themselves into (Lava?) Then a huge frickin' rock landed on her and she died...: (

I don't think it was lava (cos that would be too hot and burn them up xD) I think it was a pool of blood..after the fight with the 7 dragons (which took place underneath- in the blood pool), I think they were trying to climb out, with YueRu being the first; that was why she was reaching out to XiaoYao and LingEr to get them out...

Do you guys think there's another meaning of having the Ying/Yang symbol fall on her, other than representing the tower?

Another thought, in the game, a huge yingyang thing(looks very thick and heavy) fell at the same time the tower crumbled. YueRu's body could still be retrieved...why not in the series?
Last edited by purpleGirl on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:35 pm

Another thought, in the game, a huge yingyang thing(looks very thick and heavy) fell at the same time the tower crumbled. YueRu's body could still be retrieved...why not in the series?

My guess is that the director didn't want Yue Ru to end up with Xiao Yao, so decided to kill her off, and by not giving her a body would mean that there was no one there he would be paying attention and crying to. But the sword fight scene was sweet, which made up for the lack of body..

Though, the missing body thing could mean that she died so tragically, nothing was left of her... to me, I thought it made it possible that Yue Ru wasn't dead, and maybe she was hiding or something, ya know? And just turn up near the end....guess not.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote: by not giving her a body would mean that there was no one there he would be paying attention and crying to.

I got really annoyed by this...I wish they gave her a body ><

Fieryshadow
Hero Wannabe

Postby Fieryshadow » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:00 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I didn't like the fact in the series, she wasn't even given a body..ok, so the tower crumbled and fell...but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a body.. o.o Since the director decided to do that... then why couldn't they make Yue Ru alive in the end? That could really make sense, and be a little more faithful to the game.. While I'm happy that the director chose to show a stronger affectionate bond between Ling Er and Xiao Yao, Yue Ru got a little ripped off I think... o.o
The series said something about her head being smashed and was unable to ressurect her =/

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:20 pm

Come to think of it, the director pretty much switched it around. In the game after they died , YueRu had a body, while Ling Er didn't

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:32 pm

bai yue crumple it i didn't know lol... i thought it was because of the curse thingy
Last edited by zzXiaoyaozz on Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:37 am

Thats the confusing bit..what has bai Yue got to do with the curse? O.o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:34 pm

so it is the curse or bai yue that crumple the tower :?:

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:01 pm

There is no curse and the moon cult master didn't do anything. The trio cutted down the poles inside the tower that supports the whole structure, obviously it will fall down...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”