[Scene] Yue Ru's death

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 pm

huh? why did they do that then?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:huh? why did they do that then?

Now that I think about it, someone in the series mentioned "the tower is now sealed". This forced the trio to cut down the sword columns (in order to break the seal).

I think that was before Bai Yue's appearance though... So it means Bai Yue didn't have anything to do with the sealing of the tower, but maybe brought down the tower afterall? Maybe if Bai Yue wasn't there, the cutting down of the sword columns woudln't have crumbled the tower / caving in the room?

And back onto the topic, having only the screencaps, the game protrayed a more tragic ending to Yue Rue. While the series gave plenty of warning someone was going to get "axed", the game seems to just hit you outta nowhere. :?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:47 am

Indeed it was...it was so accidental, really sudden and bang, she's gone... ><
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:06 am

And Yue Rue's comments from the game asking Xiao Yao to come with her, but him giving the usual lazy response... And she goes, "Then I'll go by myself" (although for a more context friendly translation, I'd go for a - Then I'll go ahead by myself)...

That line almost equals the "Didn't think I was already this old" from the TV series. :cry:

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:51 pm

wow...didn't think of it that way..I always thought it was BaiYue who did it- but he couldn't possibly put the curse on, it was the Jiangming Story thing.

Lightbrand wrote:There is no curse and the moon cult master didn't do anything. The trio cutted down the poles inside the tower that supports the whole structure, obviously it will fall down...

I guess they were hoping for a miracle?

Chaz wrote:
That line almost equals the "Didn't think I was already this old" from the TV series. :cry:

so sad T_T
nice observation~

The tower looks very cursed to start off with..why is it looks like a black sky at the top ~
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:30 am

Okay time for my explanation to everything.

First thing first, I've mentioned a lot of times before on how badly the screen writer changed the show, so keep that in mind.

The tower locks all the ghosts the clan masters had captured the past million years. Too many ghosts probably influence the areas around the tower. The tower isn't cursed, it's actually blessed so no ghosts can come out and no clan members can go in. (There was a guardian to make sure of that in the game, but he was cut from the show).

In the game, the guardian at the back of the tower transported XY and YR to to the very top level inside, and the player's goal is to find Ling Er who is at the bottom floor...Notice the difference from the show? I'm sure you did. Also in the game, after XY recover LE, they discussed how they can get out of it, by now the player would've notice that the bottom floor is full of red liquids around (I thought it was lava.) AND there is no door! So you can't just walk out of the tower. So now, the ghosts you made friend with (The ghost king and book ghost) will tell you how you have to cut down the poles that support the tower so it will break and release everybody. And that's what you did, and after you cut down all the poles, the bottom level started to shake very bad and things starts to happen, all the ghosts fled, YR died.

In the show, XY and YR walked into the tower from the big door on the ground floor. LE was at the top. Now here is the strange part, WHY WOULD THE POLES BE AT THE TOP? Seriously! But anyway, they figured out something about the tower is cursed and the only way to get out is to break the poles................Now we've seen XY slashed a door open, so it would've made more sense if they just go back down and all try to break the big door. But NO, the screen writer made it so the three of them break the poles on the TOP FLOOR and in which the WHOLE TOWER came down instead of just the roof.

Now the whole Bai Yue thing. I actually noticed this the second time I watched the show. The scene where you see Bai Yue standing was actually a scene you will see later in the show (I forgot when but I'm 100% sure there is.) So it could be a mistake or it's not but there is absolutely nothing going on between the tower and the guy.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Lightbrand wrote:The scene where you see Bai Yue standing was actually a scene you will see later in the show

Or it could be an intentional rehash of a scene... Plenty of directors do that when they're low on budget...

But that'd be stupid :roll:

I guess the Bai Yue scene is just completely random then? I suppose the only way to really know why that scene's there is to ask the director. :evil:

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:25 pm

why they cut away the pillars to get out they didnt thought that the whole structure will collapse and lay flat right on top of them :?:
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Nice post there Light Brand! =D

Um..how come Yue Ru can push Xiao Yao and Ling Er away... doesnt seem that possible..max, 2 metres.. they're completely out of scene.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:24 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Um..how come Yue Ru can push Xiao Yao and Ling Er away...

Hehe, yet another flaw in the series. And the way she pushes them away - it seemed pretty obvious the actor were standing on a pushcart.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Nice post there Light Brand! =D

Um..how come Yue Ru can push Xiao Yao and Ling Er away... doesnt seem that possible..max, 2 metres.. they're completely out of scene.

Thanks, and I mentioned it before how Yue Ru's death is really stupid, they had plenty of time to run to the "safe" zone but all three of them decided to stand there for 2 minutes after all the poles has been cut.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:56 pm

There's something I'm not too sure of either..in the game, how come Xiao Yao and Yue Ru were teleported to the top of the tower to get in?

Also in the game, why did they trap Ling Er inside? Didnt they know she was a Nu Wa Descendant?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:36 pm

Can't go through bottom because there is no door, and also the shape of the tower is bottom huge and top is small. so the maze is suppose to be harder and harder if you start from top.

The sword saint locked Ling Er right after Stone Master used his ultimate move which kills himself to make a huge explosion. That killed those people you met after you leave the frog mountain and into an bar, in which the women inside drugged your drink so you woun't get hurt. Sword Saint came, and he saw all the dead body surrounded Ling Er's carrage while she was in snake form (to protect herself from the explosion I guess) so he assumed Ling Er is the monster that killed these people and captured her.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:41 pm

ah, ic..thanks for clarifying! Didn't know she was in snake form... I guess that makes sense.

geez..that's quite a chance from the drama...which they kept it that way..more dramatic as oppose to keeping her inside to protect her .. O.o

Random note: they should've dyed Ling Er's hair all red as a nu wa descendant ^^;;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:54 am

But that scene was really short, so I guess it wounldn't really matter.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”