[Scene] Yue Ru's death

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Re: [Scene] Yue Ru's death

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 pm

well i think its not in the drama? for me i think just standing sure is lame......
i think they're in the highest part of the tower? if they could dodge the falling rocks they would have survive and ride xiaoyao's sword..... they look like they really lack effort..... believing in a curse completely made the curse real!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Actually, I think they were at the bottom of the Tower, as the only way in was from the top?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:55 am

then they should have tried breaking the door then? they have the cut the foundations which is a big sword righT?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:04 pm

I just rewatched this scene on youtube and man it's just so sad ='( Made me teary just this scene alone >>>>>____<<<<<
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:18 pm

i really became sad when i remember this scene..... just as LingEr's death...... :( makes me feel sick! i really hated the storyline for that....cause i like happy endings!

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Rich wrote:
Chibi Jennifer wrote:Yue Ru's death in the drama was lame.. LAME!! Seriously what was the director thinking? I'm sure that whole "someone must die" business confused every one of us.. Why would you stand there??

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I agree with both of you, although I can understand that if in order to go out from demon tower, one of them must sacrifice, I just couldnt understand the process of Yue Ru's death. It's just plain stupid, as she just pushed them around 3-5 metres away.

However, I must admit that before Yue Ru dies, it was the peak of this drama, because it hits my feeling the most in this scene

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:43 am

Was it ever established that someone must die?
I couldn't remember the details in the drama anymore but I can say for certain what the "rule" in game was.

In game:
There was a door right there when you approach the tower, but you can't open that, instead you walk onto a YingYang symbol at the back and defeat the Guardian who then transports you to the top floor of the tower. You have to circle through the entire floor to get to the center which will transport you down one level. Supposedly the lower you go, the stronger the monsters.

On the ground level is where LingEr was chained on top of a pole. XiaoYao rescues her, get his memory back. All good, now how to get out?

The Ghost King (whom befriended XiaoYao on an upper floor) reminds you that there's no exit from inside. But the Book Demon suggested you can break the entire tower down and release everyone.
How to do that? Well there's a basement level with 7-8 poles where if you break, the tower will crumble. Well why didn't the demons do it themselves? Because they can't reach the basement, the ground floor is an island surrounded by "Demon devouring liquid", any demon that isn't super powerful gets disintegrated if they touch the liquid.

But it's harmless to humans because the tower designer never imagined any human would enter the "Demon Lock Tower". So XY LE and YR went underneath to break the poles.

Once you did that, the entire tower starts shaking, the Demon Devouring Liquid starts to splash around like tidal waves. Yue Ru managed to get on top of a piece of island broken off from the ground floor, XY and LE are still swimming in the liquid, YR grab hold of their hands so they don't get swept away. Then the ceiling dropped and landed on her. Screen fades to black.

In the show:
I remember specifically they went from ground floor to the TOP, LingEr was chained to the top floor, right next to the pole they need to smash. They cut off her chain, breaks the pole. Stand around back towards the pole for 5min with their eyes closed. Then YR flings XY and LE 3 meters away and the pole behind her land on her...The fuck?
Last edited by Lightbrand on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 am

Yerrrr.. the drama one didn't make sense, and the Sword Saint did say over and over that someone will be sacrificed (though he never explained why) @_@ I assume it's his "predictions". He was telling Ling'er that in order for someone not to die, Ling'er must forget Xiaoyao, leave them forever and never see him again~ Only then will XY YR escape this calamity.

So the poor girl is beating herself for being unable to forget XiaoYao (well..duh..how do you just forget someone you love? ~_~) and the Sword Saint offers her a memory loss pill. She takes it. All should be good..right?

As XY gets closer to where Ling'er is held captive, his memory of her suddenly all rush back to him. He rushes forward and breaks down the door, only to see an unconscious Ling'er. YR sees LE's "spirit" leaving and she tells her not to go. Ling'er said she must leave.. However, she watches XY calling out to her and she couldn't bear to leave him. Her soul returns back to her body and LE wakes up. XY holds onto her and says he doesn't want to lose her, while she cries back "I shouldn't have come back.. Can't come back.."

So after the talk, YR says "It's not the time to be sad. We need to get out". The three suddenly break down the pillars (without any explanation). And yes, the three hold hands and close their eyes.. Looks like they're praying? They're all thinking "If someone needs to be sacrificed, let it be me". YR opens her eyes, looks at them, and pushes them 3-4 metres away.. she stands there as the tower crumbles and gets crushed and dies...

LE and XY are injured pretty badly too. What the heck just happened?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:13 pm

No idea what was going on there. But yeah, if Yue Ru had the time to fling them across the room, why couldn't she just run away with them? The director just wanted to come up with a stupid reason to get rid of her, because Xiao Yao probably wouldn't have been able to choose...

Anyway, Ling Er actually told the other two that the place is cursed, and that the only way to get out is to destroy the pillars.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:11 pm

And also the part where Sword Saint says "one person must be sacrificed" I took it as just him bluffing and trying to push Ling Er into whatever that he wanted her to do.

He made it sound like there was some kind of mechanism inside the tower like this one point in XianJian 2 game where our heroes are trapped in an alternate dimension, and to escape one person must touch an orb and dies. There was none of that in the tower, not even until they rescued Ling Er.

So their predicament at that point is how to escape, well maybe breaking a hole in the wall with their magic/sword power could work, or just break the pillars and stand somewhere safe.

If the Sword Saint's words were suppose to be some kind of "seeing the future" clairvoyance, saying he knew Yue Ru would die (a stupid death) because of Ling Er, then that's bullshit too because in that case he would've known Ling Er is needed to beat the Cult Master and the Water Demon...Boy aren't we glad the Sword Saint didn't do jack to help out that fight.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”