Chinese Paladin Articles

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Chinese Paladin Articles

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

Post and share Chinese Paladin articles!!

These articles are courtesy of veevee from http://hugekp.net

TRANSLATION

Yesterday(10th), reporter got the photos of two leads Li Xiaoyao and Zhao Linger from the drama Chinese paladin’s studio. Chinese Paladin will be acted by those young idols from both mainland china and Taiwan and the average age of them is only 18.

According to the producer of Chinese paladin, they have decided on the name list of the actors/actresses of the several main characters in this drama. The rising star LYF, who has acted in both “the story of a noble family” and “TLBB03” will be taking the role of zhao linger. Li xiaoyao will be played by huge, a third-year student in shanghai drama institute. The other two main female characters, “lin yueru” and “A nu” will be played by Liu pinyan and An yixuan, both are idols from Taiwan.

Among the four mentioned above, liu pinyan is the youngest. She was a member of a band called “Sweety” in Taiwan and she has not even reached 16. The oldest is huge, who is now 21. Their average age is only 18.

According to the producer, they initially wanted to invite superstars like Jimmy lin, zhou yuming or sun xiezhi to play “Li xiaoyao”. However, the auther of Chinese paladin liked huge’s acting very much when huge came for the trial. After the makeup, huge’s “Li xiaoyao” was well well-reckoned by those fans of Chinese paladin. That’s why the producer decided huge is going to be playing the classic role “Li xiaoyao”

The main storyline focuses on the love story between Li xiaoyao and Zhao linger

Chinese paladin is the most classic game in the history of PC games. When we make this drama, we would like to show the audience all the classic scenario in the game. Then, we will consider where this drama should stand, it is even better if we can make those young idols more well-known. On the other hand, the storyline of the game is actually quite simple, if we just make what was in the game, it would be too short for a drama, which only lasts for 2-3 episodes. This is why we did some consolidation base on the content of the romantic love story of the original game to make it more appealing to the audience. The fighting scenes in the game are already splendid, what we did was to enhance the love atmosphere in the drama. A beautiful love story will be shown throughout the show though it is a tragedy.

CREDITS:
Translator: mac0002
Article: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... 3/0311.htm

Is An Yi Xuan and Huge a pair?

When [Chinese Paladin] started filming, the crew said that An Yi Xuan and new actor from China- Huge were really close. When they asked the crew of [Chinese Paladin] they said, “They are a pair in the series, but in real life, there is a barrier between the two. They always start and finish their work together. Maybe that is the reason people think that they are especially close.”

Just yesterday, An Yi Xuan and Huge just filmed a part together for the whole afternoon. An Yi Xuan frankly said, “We are always practicing martial arts together too, did you guys know that?” She describes Huge to be a “Super Perfect Boy”, and said, “I’ve never seen a guy that is so caring, sometimes when I’m not feeling well during the filming of the series, he will notice really quickly, and then he really cares, sometimes he will say jokes just to make me rb_happy.gif.” An Yi Xuan praise Huge like no other, but when she is asked about the rumors, she said, “I like guys who are more mature, even though he is a really nice person, but he is too young, he is more like a little brother to me.”

Right now Huge is a third year student in Shanghai Film School, the producer Li Guo Li found him to cast in [Chinese Paladin], this made the teachers at the school really surprised, because since his first year of studying, he has been the main character in all the series. Because of his busy schedule, he was not able to participate the rehearsals. With one his old series, “The Dandelion”, there were also rumors with the main female lead, Guan Wing. He said maybe it was because he is a virgo, he always hopes that all the workers are rb_happy.gif all the time, so he pays attention to all the little things that happen, this makes the girls admire him, this is how rumors start.

The three female leads in [Chinese Paladin] Liu Pin Yan, Liu Yi Fei all have their mothers accompanying them. Whereas An Yi Xuan is especially lonely, she states that, she was actually betting with her father about whether or not to film [Chinese Paladin]. Now she is in another place, she really misses her parents. She said, “Huge really takes care of me, but please don’t right about us, otherwise it would be awkward when we see each other, it is really hard for me to meet new friends here and I really hope I am not lonely again.”

CREDITS:
Article: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... 3/0325.htm
Translated by : crunchster

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

TRANSLATIONS

Article 1

The Chinese swordsmen drama “Chinese paladin” team has tried their costume at HengDian.(Name of a place). Except Liu Yifei, it is the first time for both Liu Pinyan and An Yixuan to act Chinese ancient characters in their career. On the first day of trial, all of them were very happy and passionate about it. The three girls even compare among themselves to see whose costume looks the best! For the three actresses of new generation, they all have at least five persons to help them to try out those costumes, whom including their mothers, agents, company workers and personal assistants. Their presence sure makes the headquarters of Chinese paladin, which is also known as small white building very lively.

Liu Yifei said: “All along I was the youngest actress in the dramas I have participated so far. However, the actors and actresses are almost at the same age in this drama. I have not get used to be called as elder sister. An yixuan and Liu Pinyan looks very modern and handsome when they put on their costume and boots.”

Some of An yixuan’s hair near her forehead has been pulled off because it looks a bit messy when her hair is combed up. Of course, everything comes with a price and An yixuan had to bear the pain caused by pulling off the hair in order to be more photogenic.
There is something especially about An Yixuan, her earrings are different from other people’s. The makeup designer has prepared her a pair of hand-made silver hook long earrings. With her leather long boots, she looked brilliant every time she came into the scene. But it takes two assistants to help out every time An Yixuan wants to put on or take off the boots. AnYixuan said: “Because every time I came out with a long whip as my weapon and this inspired my costume designer. All of my costume sets are attached with many strings. Thus they are difficult to be put on and I need help from my costume designer to fit me in those nice cloths, though she will have to look at her hand-painted picture when she helps me. Because the costumes consist of many layers and it is inconvenient when I want to go toilet. I will have to ask those assistants to help me to untie the strings.”

Liu Pinyan, accompanied by her mum, came to the costume trial. She felt very happy although her ancient-costume appearance is not like herself at all. Her mum said: “I can’t even recognize yanyan. She looks so pretty when she is in ancient costume. I feel like my daughter has grown up.” Yanyan said: “Please don’t stand next to me, everyone. Because those accessories on my hair may possibly get u scratched or hurt.” Yanyan has watched the process of the costume trial of Liu Yifei and An Yixuan. She said: “Elder sister Yifei is so elegant, she looks like Ling’er in Chinese Paladin already though she is just sitting down there, who is a graceful fairy. There is a scene which I need to change costume with Liu Yifei and the makeup designer requested that I tried to put on LYF’s costume and see the how it goes. However, no matter how I try, I just can’t reflect the radiance of the costume while Liu Yifei can. This pressurizes me to go back to my room and think of how to act the role of A’nu”.

Liu Pinyan and An yixuan has only acted in idol drama in the past. Since this is the first time they participate in ancient costume drama, this is a new and fresh experience to them. Despite being curious about it, they have some customs which can hardly be changed as they are actually living in modern society. Before they act, they have to take lessons to learn how to stand and sit as ancient people in china. When they come for the costume trial, they have no idea about the body gestures and how to take the swords. The modern body gesture they have proposed were so funny which make all the people around laughing out load. However, Liu Yifei did well in terms of postures as she has a strong foundation of dancing. Therefore, the other two girls concede defeat and decide to learn from Liu Yifei.

Article 2

The classic RPG game “Chinese Paladin” was once the favorite of many game fans. It later became the “everlasting RPG” for many players. As early as in year 2000, rumors say “Chinese Paladin” will be filmed and shown on TV. Yesterday, the 30-episode drama “Chinese Paladin” filming group, which is sponsored by the film company China Tang HongKong went to HengDian again in 6-month time to continue filming. The reporter in scenario “Qing Ming Shang He” witnessed the male lead Li Xiao Yao and female lead number two Lin Yue Ru filming a scene which they visited the house of divine doctor Jia Tian Jing, which is part of episode 9 of the series. According to the assistant of the male lead, because there is discrepancy on the choice of the male lead candidates between the sponsors and the filming group, they have to keep a low profile in front of the press. The directors of “Chinese Paladin” like the year three student Hu Ge of shanghai film institute, who’s got a cartoon-character looking in the show. On the other hand, the sponsors prefer Zhou Yu Ming.

According to a man who is unwilling to disclose his identity, they have been preparing filming “Chinese Paladin” for one and half years. They spent time on choosing those hunks and babies age around 16 and now they have come to the decision that female lead “Zhao Ling Er” will be LYF who has acted in the series TLBB. LYF’s character makeup photo is ready and it is definitely more marvelous than those in TLBB. As for male lead Li Xiao Yao, the man said they are still in the process of choosing, the sponsors like Zhou Yu Ming and the directors prefer Hu Ge because He Gu looks more like Xiao Yao. On the other hand, he is also an ABC, who has similar experience with Liu Yi Fei. In order to participate in Chinese Paladin, Hu Ge has rejected the invitation of being the male lead “Liu Chuan” in another TV series “The jail”. The sponsors have paid great attention to Chinese Paladin such that they even built up a 35-unit building called small white plaza for the crews to live in. The reporter asked the director Li Guo Li’s opinion about the acting skills of the male lead Hu Ge during lunch time, who usually NG for more than 10 times just in a single shot. The director answered with a smile: “A newbie like him has done well already.”

Taiwan idol An Yi Xuan and Liu Pin Yan will be “Lin Yue Ru” and “A Nu” in the show. Zhang Xi, who is Zhang Wei Jian’s girlfriend will be the butterfly spirit in Chinese Paladin, whom married with Liu Jing Yuan in order to repay his kindness. She even saved Liu Jing Yuan’s life on the cost of her one-thousand-year long training, became a butterfly and disappeared eventually. Though the love story of Cai Yi and Liu Jing Yuan is just a trivial part of the plot of Chinese Paladin, its tragic and touching ending has given a unforgettable experience to many game players. Many stars will participate in the show, which including Zheng Pei Pei and Xu Jin Jiang. One third of the drama will be in the form of 3D animation.

Article 3

The classic RPG game “Chinese Paladin” once was known as the “everlasting RPG” among PC gaming fans in china. Now it will be filmed as a 30-episode-ancient-costume drama by film company Hong Kong China Town. However, when it comes to the release of the name list of the leads of this series, those fans holding different opinions flocked to internet to express their thoughts on who is the best Li Xiao Yao and most beautiful Lin Yue Ru. It is similar to what fans of Jin Yong novel did when TV series of Jin Yong’s swordsmen stories were released. Everyone has their own Li Xiao Yao and Lin Yue Ru inside their hearts and it was quite lively when fans argued among themselves.

“Chinese Paladin” is the first TV series evolved from a popular made-in-china RPG game. The filming work has begun at Heng Dian mainland china in February. The male and female leads are Hu Ge(Li Xiao Yao), Liu Yi Fei(Zhao Ling Er), An Yi Xuan(Lin Yue Ru) and Liu Pin Yan(A Nu) respectively. It is because Liu Yi Fei has shown a great performance in TLBB as Wang Yu Yan, all the fans of Chinese Paladin support her being Zhao Ling Er in CP.

However, it seems Liu Pin Yan was denied by quite a number of veteran players of CP. Once there was rumor says Liu Pin Yan will be taking the role of Lin Yue Ru, a willful and sassy girl in CP. The idea was rejected by many players because they deemed that Liu Pin Yan does not have much experience in acting and she is not elegant enough to take the role. On the other hand, Chen Hao(A Zi in TLBB) was recommended to be Lin Yue Ru in CP. But according to the name list released yesterday, Lin Yue Ru would be played by An Yi Xuan. We don’t know if this combination is a compatible one or whether it would be accepted by those fans of CP.

Who is going to be the male lead Li Xiao Yao? Before the name list was released, Zhou Yu Ming, Sun Xie Zhi and Lin Zhi Yin all were the suitable candidates. But Hu Ge came out as winner of the competition. So who is Hu Ge? All fans of CP have no idea either. It says that Hu Ge is still a year three student of ShangHai drama institute. He has not participated in any famous series so far. Thus fans did not expect excellent performance from him. It is still a question whether he can be a good LI Xiao Yao and it seems Jimmy Lin is a far better choice at this point of moment (though the idea of Jimmy being LI Xiao Yao was rejected by many fans as well).

Another group of fans pointed out that because CP is such a perfect RPG, many players were afraid that those actors would destroy the images of main characters in their hearts. This is the reason why they are so expecting and afraid of getting hurt at the same time. Plus the storyline was changed drastically; it is inevitable that many people complained about it. However, since this was already a act, why don’t we just anticipate the producer to film a good TV series which does not defame the original RPG game? At the end of the day, it is trivial who are the actors and actresses as long as they can do a good job.

Article 4

During film and TV festival, many film companies gathered in Shanghai to promote their new movies and TV series. The opening ceremony of a city-love-story drama “The dandelion” was conducted at Gallery top-floor. For your information, it was produced by Yunnan TV station. The leads Sun Li, Hu Ge and Yuan Ding attended the ceremony as well.

The main leads of drama “The dandelion” are all quite young. However, in the preview which released to the press, we have found many familiar faces like Tan Yao Wen, Zheng Pei Pei, Zeng Jiang, Jiao Jiao, Tao Ze Ru and Du Zhi Guo. The above mentioned are well-known veteran actors and actresses in china. Their presence sure helped new idols like Sun Li, Hu Ge, Yuan Ding and Guan Yin a lot in the show.

Sun Li has brought two ice-breaking series this year and one of them is “The dandelion”. The other one is “Tian Yi Sheng Shui”, which was directed by Huang Lei. This is also the first time the couple collaborated with each other. In “The dandelion”, Sun is the younger sister Xia Bing. This character was specially made for Sun Li. Xia Bing experienced all the happiness and anguish in her life as well as all the love and hatred in the relationship and kinship. Although she had suffered a lot, she is determined to live well and persisted on looking for the love belonged to her.

Sun Li will be the female lead Dou Dou in the movie “mei li man te ning” while they are still negotiating with potential male lead Zheng Yi Jian. The movie will be filmed in both Shanghai and Taiwan.

Hu Ge is a third year student studying at Shanghai Drama institute. He has drawn the attention of the press because he was the famous character Li Xiao Yao in Chinese Paladin. “The Dandelion” is Hu Ge’s first Tv series. He was a capable agriculture student Cheng Ying in that series. Cheng Ying had experienced his first love, got married, gave birth and lost his memory and he was not recovered until he reached thirty. This is definitely a great challenge to a youngster like HU Ge who’s only 20 plus.

How is Hu Ge going to convert himself from a hapless ChengYing who was facing complicated relationship and painful experience of losing memory to a brave swordsman Li Xiao Yao in a short period of time? We shall wait to see his excellent performance.

CREDITS:
Translator: mac0002
Article 1: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... 3/0301.htm
Article 2: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... /0218A.htm
Article 3: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... 3/0218.htm
Article 4: http://www.remus-club.nease.net/version ... 6/0609.htm

Lroz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Post by Lroz »

You search a lot on these :D

Vi3tStyLe
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by Vi3tStyLe »

Interesting...thx for posting, i enjoyed reading it lol

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Post by zzXiaoyaozz »

that is alot.... can slowly engoy reading heh...

swtllbabyangel
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by swtllbabyangel »

thanks thanks thanks
Ngoc was here.

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Post by zzXiaoyaozz »

done reading.... it is VERY interesting
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Post by alih27 »

thanks you for putting all that articles... its really nice to know that yifei is there choice to play ling er and i thought that yifei is the youngest among them, guess i was wrong...
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

wow... that is interesting... Thanks for sharing... :)

Cheryl
Hero Wannabe

Post by Cheryl »

thanks 4 sharing, too

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

Cheryl wrote:thanks 4 sharing, too
Hi Cheryl, welcome to the Fan Club =D Hope to see you around the forums! Enjoy your stay!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ignatius94
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by ignatius94 »

nice and good info. 3 cheers :D
仙剑奇侠转 rawks!