[Whistler]Ep1 comments

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

[Whistler]Ep1 comments

Postby ryshi » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 pm

[um I put whistler at the top of the title so whistler would come answer the new questions here]

Ok after asking so many questions in my other thread about the game, I still cannot get enough of xian jian, so I decided to watch the drama. But as a fan of the game, after watching ep1, it is kind of annoying at how different the characters are... here are some comments:

characters: (I don't blame the actors, I blame how the characters were set up in the film)
+ Hu Ge is hot! ok I shouldn't be saying this as a guy, but I just thought he was quite good looking and matched xy quite well. from his personality at the bath scene, his immediate begging makes him quite admirable
- but yiu fei didn't match ling'er in my opinion, her outgoingness makes her unattractive... I think she was too selfish, xy was asking for medicine and her mouth just kept going on and on. innocence and shyness is part of beauty! (for most guys at least)

ok now I need whistler (or chibi) to answer some questions:
1) in the game, was the hotel xy worked at trying to rip off customers just like the show?

2) was there a xiao hu in the game? I recall someone visited the island before xy, but I forgot who it was in the game.

3) in the game, there were two sisters wearing blue, were they trying to marry xiao yao just like the show? which one is older? the one in the dress or the one in the chinese clothes?

4) was there a seed in the game that xy gave to ling'er?
Last edited by ryshi on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: [Whistler]Ep1 comments

Postby Whistler » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:12 pm

> 1) in the game, was the hotel xy worked at trying to rip off customers just like the show?

Nope... I think there were no customers at all at that time :)

> 2) was there a xiao hu in the game? I recall someone visited the island before xy, but I forgot who it was in the game.

Yep. And he was even the main character in PAL2 (as I previously mentioned in another thread) :)

> 3) in the game, there were two sisters wearing blue, were they trying to marry xiao yao just like the show? which one is older? the one in the dress or the one in the chinese clothes?

Well this wasn't mentioned... however you can actually get an item as gift from one of them (the other said she has cooked something and invited Li Xiaoyao). And if you talk to their father he would say "Don't try to seduce my daughters" or something like that :P

Also, in XP version it seems the one with a basket was kinda jealous when Li was about to leave with Zhao Ling'er.

> 4) was there a seed in the game that xy gave to ling'er?

I don't think so.

btw, for the drama I think by itself it's not as good as the game, but at least it introduced PAL to the majority rather than only gamers.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:15 pm

haha, yup.. there's many differences between the drama and game. If you watched them as two different entities, you can enjoy it for what it is. However, if you compare it to the game, parts can really frustrate you because of the changes that were made =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:33 pm

IMO the reason why the drama is not as good as the game is not because there are many changes to the game (actually if they want to make a TV drama which has 30-40 episodes they have to add many things, as I'm sure it will only take no more than 1 hour if they only use all the texts in the game :)), but many things in the drama are just "funny" and not impressive at all...

The following is supposed to be Marty Hsieh's comments on the drama (who is one of the original authors of the game), not sure if it's real (I never found the original place where this is posted) but I agree with this one:

發言人: 無責任企劃 (---.com.tw)
發表日期: 02-19-05 14:58

我是狂徒創作群的無責任企劃謝崇輝,忝為仙劍奇俠傳的創作者之一,在看見預告片段的時候,真的非常開心,洽談了三四年的仙劇,幾經波折之後,現在拍出的時機,不論聲光特效,拍攝環境等等現實條件,應該是最適合的,如果在一開始洽談就授權拍攝,拍攝單位可能礙於經費技術,而讓仙劇成為一般的武俠劇~~

在預告片中所見,無論是逍遙的夢境御劍,乘葫蘆飛天,以及鎖妖塔太師叔的幾場打鬥,都讓我覺得仙劍的世界已經如實重現了,靈兒的一句:那月如姐姐怎麼辦?逍遙吶喊靈兒,逍遙與靈兒讓掌中骨灰隨風而逝(當時我誤以為是月如的),著實讓我心碎....

直到看了仙劇在中視的播出,只能說我大失所望了,除了劇情偶有佳作之外,我大部分的時間都是以快轉解決(預約錄影),失望非是對作品被改動或人物性格的變更而不悅,而是仙劇並非是一部"好看"的戲劇,仙劍因遊戲需要的關係,劇情是全然單線沒錯,需要製作單位花非常多的心思去改善豐富她,可惜看到的成果,極少片段的感人處,僅見充滿了許多嘻鬧幼稚,原地打轉的無聊情節(例如阿奴掉無底洞,逍遙喝花酒,偷石長老錢包),兼又有許多交代不清的設計(例如一路上的配角都是拜月教徒所假扮,所做的事完全不可能達到他們要抓靈兒的目的,不知道為什麼要這麼做)~~

風雲是我個人很喜歡的漫畫,但風雲2由於楊大製作人的特殊選角能力,以及我所不能了解的拍攝策略,讓我第一集邊看邊快轉,完全不知道她在演什麼,同時決定放棄繼續收看,為了看仙劇而誤錄的半小時完結篇(通常完結篇是要非常好看滴),也完全無法忍受,快轉了事>"<

以連續劇觀眾的角度來看,我個人覺得,仙劇比風雲2好看"一點點",因為她偶有佳作,由於對仙劍的特殊情感,我還是會把仙劇全部看完,希望後面的劇情真的如其他人告訴我的一樣,越來越好看,現在的我由衷感謝發明錄影機以及快轉功能的人>"<

無責任企劃 2005/2/19
Last edited by Whistler on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:41 pm

.. translation please ^^'
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 am

well I'll only translate the 2nd and 3rd paragraph as the other parts are mostly irrelevant:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I saw in the intro clip, Xiaoyao's sword-driving in the dream, riding the gourd, and fighting the grand-master in the Monster Tower, have all make me feel that the world of PAL was reflected. Ling'er's "Then what about Sister Yueru", Xiaoyao calling for Ling'er, Xiaoyao and Ling'er let the [Lao Lao's] cremains in their hands go with the wind (I thought the cremains were Yueru's), have really broken my heart...

However I was quite disappointed when I saw the drama. Except some good parts of the story, for most of the time I used Fast Forwarding. I'm not disappointed due to the original story was altered or changes to the personality of characters, but this was not an "interesting" drama. PAL's story was single-lined due to the requirement of the game, and it needs to be spent very much on for improvements and completion, but in the final result there are very few fascinating parts, what I have seen was nothing but boring plots which are full of childishness (such as Ah Nu's falling into the bottomless pit, Xiaoyao's going to whorehouse [with Liu Jinyuan] and stealing Shi Zhang Lao's money). There were also many confusing plots (for example, most of the minor roles on the way were disguised by the members of Bai Yue Cult, and what they were doing was impossible to achieve their goal, which is capturing Ling'er, and I don't know why they want to do this).

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Wow thanks whistler, nice translation!

quick question, is xiaohu that little boy?Image

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:11 pm

Yes.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 am

Oh cool, thanks for translating =D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re:

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 am

Whistler wrote:well I'll only translate the 2nd and 3rd paragraph as the other parts are mostly irrelevant:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I saw in the intro clip, Xiaoyao's sword-driving in the dream, riding the gourd, and fighting the grand-master in the Monster Tower, have all make me feel that the world of PAL was reflected. Ling'er's "Then what about Sister Yueru", Xiaoyao calling for Ling'er, Xiaoyao and Ling'er let the [Lao Lao's] cremains in their hands go with the wind (I thought the cremains were Yueru's), have really broken my heart...

However I was quite disappointed when I saw the drama. Except some good parts of the story, for most of the time I used Fast Forwarding. I'm not disappointed due to the original story was altered or changes to the personality of characters, but this was not an "interesting" drama. PAL's story was single-lined due to the requirement of the game, and it needs to be spent very much on for improvements and completion, but in the final result there are very few fascinating parts, what I have seen was nothing but boring plots which are full of childishness (such as Ah Nu's falling into the bottomless pit, Xiaoyao's going to whorehouse [with Liu Jinyuan] and stealing Shi Zhang Lao's money). There were also many confusing plots (for example, most of the minor roles on the way were disguised by the members of Bai Yue Cult, and what they were doing was impossible to achieve their goal, which is capturing Ling'er, and I don't know why they want to do this).

haha, very old topic, but I read the paragraph again and thought I'd add some comments on it XD I agree with many points that were made, but I still enjoyed Chinese Paladin very much anyway :) I re-watched the opening clip recently and it made me remember how excited I was learning PAL was turning into a drama. The opening clip really seem to reflect the game in many ways, and got me pretty excited (esp the parts where it showed LE in the tower, Qing'er fighting leviathan, and the YR and XY marriage contest) But I guess in the end they added a lot of fillers and random things to try make it more funny. I liked the serious parts of it more XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: [Whistler]Ep1 comments

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

1) in the game, was the hotel xy worked at trying to rip off customers just like the show?

2) was there a xiao hu in the game? I recall someone visited the island before xy, but I forgot who it was in the game.

3) in the game, there were two sisters wearing blue, were they trying to marry xiao yao just like the show? which one is older? the one in the dress or the one in the chinese clothes?

4) was there a seed in the game that xy gave to ling'er?

I play the Xin Xian Jian version, so I'm not sure if there's any dialogue difference between Xin Xian Jian and the 95 or 98 or DOS versions...
But in Xin Xian Jian, the answers are...

1) Yes, definitely! Because wine is expensive, Xiao Yao and his aunt added water to the wine to save money. XD The Miao people were not happy when they drank it because there wasn't much taste. So yes, they do tend to rip their customers off. But, eh, what can you do when you're poor?

2) Yes, there is a Xiao Hu in the game and yes, he went to the island before Xiao Yao to ask for medicine to save his dad. However, the Xiao Hu in the game is only eight years old.

3) The younger sister has a crush on Xiao Yao and the older sister doesn't. I know that the younger sister has a crush on him, but I'm not sure if she actually thought about marrying him, as that was never mentioned.

This is the younger sister, Dīng Xiù Lán.

And this one is the elder sister, Dīng Xiāng Lán.

4) No, there wasn't.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”