xiaoyao & ling'er

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

jollyroger
Hero Wannabe

xiaoyao & ling'er

Post by jollyroger »

Is it just me, or did xiaoyao's coming back to ling'er towards the end of the series seem more out of duty than real love? Or even because he had no choice because yue ru had died already? Like he felt he had a duty to take care of her because they'd been married and she had his child? And he still missed yueru very much, as if he really loved her.
Although I'm a xiaoyao ling'er supporter forever! But this just bothered me towards the end, sorry!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

I don't think so.. when he regained memories of her, he held onto her without anything in his mind but her- he even forgot about Yue Ru during that time when he said "we will never part. i don't care about anything!"

=)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

guiltycross
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Post by guiltycross »

plus the character ling on his hand only comes out when he really feels real love towards ling'er

see that during the tower arc, the character shines out again when he regains his memories

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

I think it's just hard to make his feelings seem genuine because he has been with Yue Ru most of the time, and then they suddenly switch back to Ling Er- the transition is hard to portray.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~