Did it make you seem dumb?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Uhuh..
41%
Not really
37%
Never took notice, lol
22%

Total votes: 27

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:55 am

There were many parts in the series where misc characters would start asking dumb questions, and "state the obvious" which to me seems kinda lame.. I don't think it was necessary.. Like the part with the Black lady thief, the fat guy was asking 'so what's your relationship then?' and then he starts analysing the situation O.o... same goes for when Ling Er dresses as a guy to see what Xiao Yao was doing...we have another lady in there "explaining" the situation, that they still love each other and etc..

Another was then a guy wanted to commit suicide since he broke up with his lover...and like O___O I thought it was annoying cause they made it sooo obvious it was simply referring to Xiao Yao's sadness...

Any comments?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:15 am

Ah, yeh I agree! I don't think it was necessary to explain or diliberatly put it in to clarify their situations etc. When I saw them, it was like "LAME" XD how embarrassing....adding to the lameness, the cast/acting of those characters weren't very uhm, serious cos they act comicial (which is probably the point of it)

Another part which isn't really like as you described, but put in for the sake of character development was when Ah 7 comes find them at the Inn and they all want to take turns to talk to him. xD and he's like 'ok..one at a time'
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

angelzaina
Hero Wannabe

Postby angelzaina » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:44 am

yea..kind of WHAT? but maybe just the scripwriter's way of adding some...erm...farnie and calm scenes into the whole drama? like some sidetrack? *lol*

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:01 pm

maybe it is to give us some laughs

swtllbabyangel
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby swtllbabyangel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:36 pm

i learn to live with it. ..
Ngoc was here.

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:09 pm

I must be new to the whole Chinese drama genre cause all this went right over my head...

I never caught ANY of it! :shock:

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 pm

maybe u can rewatch chaz...

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: Did it make you seem dumb?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:39 am

Hmm... I actually never saw it in that way.... I found the Official part very funny when he asked what Yue Ru's relationship with Xiao Yao was.

I found the part in the brothel was pretty touching. I liked how there was someone to explain the relationship to the other girls. I like it when people explain what's happening in the drama.

I'm fine with the suiciding man as well. It once again explained what's going on between XY and LE and it made them think...

How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”