Questions after watching...

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

hahaguy
Hero Wannabe

Questions after watching...

Postby hahaguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:35 pm

1. What about Xiao Yao's parents? I was expecting them to pop out and save him when he's in danger or something, but they didn't appear throughout the story...

2. The drunken sword immortal mentioned that one person managed to escape from the demon-sealing tower,tell people that it's Jiang Ming's soul that killed them, but it isn't shown in the flashback...

3.What does the last scene about Xiao Yao and the Sword Saint mean?

4.Drunken sword immortal told Xiao Yao about the ultimate attack that can only be used 9 times in a person's life, but I didn't see Xiao Yao using it?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Questions after watching...

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 am

Hi and welcome aboard =D! I'll try answer some of these ^_^

hahaguy wrote:1. What about Xiao Yao's parents? I was expecting them to pop out and save him when he's in danger or something, but they didn't appear throughout the story...

They don't play any significance or role in the story.. It just is like that ^^; They don't appear in the game either (which the drama was based off)

2. The drunken sword immortal mentioned that one person managed to escape from the demon-sealing tower,tell people that it's Jiang Ming's soul that killed them, but it isn't shown in the flashback...

Not too sure about this one, can't remember the story as well ^^;

Ah, the infamous scene that almost every viewer was confused about due to its ambitiousness!

Calcifer has come up with a reasonable response to this. "I personally thought what Xiao Yao meant by "do you understand" was "do you understand what it feels like to be left behind?" He talked about this with Yue Ru at one point (middle of Ep22 when they were discussing what Cai Yi, the butterfly spirit, said), and he said he didn't want Yue Ru to know that kind of pain. Ling'er also said something along the same lines before she died, that the one left behind goes through the most pain. Now Xiao Yao's the one left behind, and he asks Sword Saint if he understands, since Sword Saint apparently tried to stop all this from happening."

4.Drunken sword immortal told Xiao Yao about the ultimate attack that can only be used 9 times in a person's life, but I didn't see Xiao Yao using it?

Again, this is reference to the game, and the attack is using the "Wine God". However, in the series, Xiao Yao used an attack once..(or tried to) against Bai Yue but it failed..it's when he took out his wine bottle thingy and pointed it to Bai Yue in the last battle.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

hahaguy
Hero Wannabe

Postby hahaguy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks for the reply. :D

Another few questions, hope ya don't mind :oops: :

What's Bai Yue's goal? To destroy Nan Zhao and then rebuild a kingdom? He seems kinda mysterious, maybe even misunderstood for much of the show...

Anyone find the amount of cult members disguising as townsfolk ridiculous?
-They send their own members into some fox/snake demon cave and have another member ask the heroes to save them, report this event to Bai Yue, without achieving any apparent goal?

-The zombie part: Sure, they had masks, but they can't just go around pretending to be an excellent doctor and his daughter, and those townsfolk didn't notice? Unless those townsfolk happen to be from the cult too, which is too many...

They could have made the ending happier: 70 years later, Xiao Yao dies as an old man, where he meets Ling'er and Yue Ru at wherever people who achieved the 'dao' go. The ending is too sad, it'll be a while before I re-watch the series...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 pm

hahaguy wrote:What's Bai Yue's goal? To destroy Nan Zhao and then rebuild a kingdom? He seems kinda mysterious, maybe even misunderstood for much of the show...

LOL! Umm... Bai Yue's goal is very different in the game (original) than it is in the drama... the drama is WEIRRDD.. He seems to be searching for the answer to 'what is love?' and does all these "experiments" by toying with the main cast.. pretty weird huh @.@ I don't really understand him and his "ideals" very much ^^;

Anyone find the amount of cult members disguising as townsfolk ridiculous?
-They send their own members into some fox/snake demon cave and have another member ask the heroes to save them, report this event to Bai Yue, without achieving any apparent goal?

Yup..that was totally random and lame.. they were a genuine doctor and nurse in the Xian Jian game..

They could have made the ending happier: 70 years later, Xiao Yao dies as an old man, where he meets Ling'er and Yue Ru at wherever people who achieved the 'dao' go. The ending is too sad, it'll be a while before I re-watch the series...

Yup..very sad ending :/ Xian Jian's game ending was also very very tragic, but at least Yue Ru was "alive"..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby xlandhenry » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:24 am

1. Xiao Yao's parent left him to his aunt long ago and travelled around, helping people out. But at last they supposedly died from some curse by Miao people, because they had stole their precious dragon liver in order to save a man's life. This was mentioned by someone in the fishing village, if you've played the game.

2. I've forgotten most of this part in the drama, but wasn't Jiang's soul destroyed and finally put to rest?

3. dunno.

4. Xiao Yao did use it in the last battle against Bai yue, but the scene was said to be cut because of censorship.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 am

xlandhenry wrote:4. Xiao Yao did use it in the last battle against Bai yue, but the scene was said to be cut because of censorship.

wow..censorship? O_O Was it really bad or something? XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby xlandhenry » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:
xlandhenry wrote:4. Xiao Yao did use it in the last battle against Bai yue, but the scene was said to be cut because of censorship.

wow..censorship? O_O Was it really bad or something? XD

Really bad for teens to drink too much :P

And if you know Chinese(I bet you do), here is the list of what was cut in the drama:
http://palol.uuu9.com/2008/200812/186250.shtml

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 pm

ummmm.. I can't really read Chinese ^^; Do you mind translating it? :}
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby xlandhenry » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:ummmm.. I can't really read Chinese ^^; Do you mind translating it? :}

I'm not very good at translating Chinese to English, but anyway here it is
Ten scenes that were cut in the show:
1.Ah Nu asked Tang Yu why Linger didn't look pregnant at all, which was later explained that Shenggu taught Linger a spell to conceal it as she had done before.

2. After Linger had gone with Elder Shi, Xiao Yao and Yue Ru were both upset and sat in the rain while Liu carried an umbrella for them.

3. When they confronted a ghost in the demon-sealing tower, Xiao Yao used the ultimate spell(Jiu Shen, or Wine God as you called it). After that, Yue Ru grumbled about how Xiao Yao was risking with his own life, but Xiao Yao shrugged it off,saying there were 8 more times left.

4.Xiao Yao and Yue Ru were watching the stars, and Xiao Yao found that the star representing Yue Ru was fading, hinting that something bad would happen to her. A lot of touching scenes were cut around this period...

5.When the tower crumbled, the ghost of Jiang's daught possessed Yue Ru's body, because she said some lines "why I have a body" and such.

6.Xiao Yao recalled Yue Ru calling him "ChouDan" as he rang the enchanted bell all night, and he wept. Then Ling'er came in and leant on him, saying that Yue Ru will always be remembered.

7.In the ending, red dandelion were here and there, Jian Sheng also read a poem about "Demon is not really demon" and such.

8.薛佳凝 guesting in the show and she saved Jiang's daughter(This one I don't know for sure).

9.Xiao Yao beated Bai Yue using Jiu Shen, thus exhausted and was unable to help Ling'er.

10. In the end, Xiao Yao dropped blood tears for Ling'er.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh wow, thanks a lot for that! That's very interesting! =D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Woah!! Thanks for translating!! I always wondered what the cut scenes were..I'm so sad that most of the scenes cut off were Yue Ru scenes!! T_T Would love to have seen them!!
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Was wondering why Xiao Yao didn't have much reaction after Ye Ru's death.. was cut out @.@

I also thought a scene was cut out because it never showed Ling Er telling Xiao Yao she was pregnant with his baby..oh well.

Also very sad to know XY couldn't save LingEr because he was exhausted from using Jiu Shen.. =( Was wondering why he was so tired!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:08 pm

1. What about Xiao Yao's parents? I was expecting them to pop out and save him when he's in danger or something, but they didn't appear throughout the story...

1) According to the game, they were killed by a curse. They were cursed for stealing the Water Spirit Orb.

2) It wasn't shown in the flashback. Don't know why they didn't show it.

3) I don't think there was a real explanation to that. But, someone on the internet said something along the lines of...
The Sword Saint had already reached his Dao. He is no longer affected by happiness and sorrow. When he touched Xiao Yao's head, Xiao Yao's feelings and memories were transferred over to the Sword Saint, so that the Sword Saint could feel what he's feeling. The Sword Saint, although immune to feelings, felt Xiao Yao's pain and understood how he felt...

4) Like what Jennifer said.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”