[Ending Question] Should Xiao Yao 'give up' on Ling Er?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think he did the right thing at the end?

Yes.. because she was suffering a lot of pain
55%
No, because she was willing to live on
45%

Total votes: 73

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

[Ending Question] Should Xiao Yao 'give up' on Ling Er?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:21 pm

I just wrote an article on this found here: http://fairysword.windy-goddess.net/article_death.php if anyone is interested.. but I wanted to hear your opinion on the ending... do you think Xiao Yao did the right thing to tell Ling Er to let go? I mean, she was suffering a lot and he didn't want that for her, but she was very determined to live on..for him.. did he give up too early? Should he have told her to hang on, and quickly find help like from Sheng Gu or someone? Sounds a bit impossible and maybe too late, but shouldn't he not give up hope? This is their final obstacle...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:42 pm

All I've been wondering is.....How come Xiao Yao didn't jump on his flying sword and carry Ling Er to Sheng Gu?

And what happen to all the healing techniques Xiao Yao had in the game? (He is the first one to get to have the healing tech....Before Ling Er joins the group...) Ya, the Ling Er's death seems really sudden and "forced"...

I believe it's because the Director didn't play the game himself, and he is afraid that if he is going to change the ending (the way he changed many other things in the TV serie) many of the die-hard fans will drawn him with spits...And since the Water Demon doesn't have all 9 heads, plus the Moon Clan Master didn't join body with it, it's not as powerful as it is in the game, where the only way to kill it is for Ling Er to Kamakazi with it.... So now all that's left is for her to die because of fatal injuries..
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:13 pm

I think it would suit XiaoYao's personality more to tell LingEr to hang on, rather than for her to let go... (can just imagine it ...for him to desperately tell LingEr to hang on, she's pretty much all he has left...) I think that would be real sad if they both struggled to live on, but eventually dies anyway... But that's not totally out-of-the-blue- from XiaoYao's personality- I remember from the early episodes, XY told LaoLao to leave in peace, as well as Stone Master (I think).

Looking on another perspective, perhaps this is to show XiaoYao has grown up. Wouldn't it be selfish of XiaoYao to tell LingEr to keep hanging on despite all the pain she is going through? (despite her wishes?)Was letting LingEr leave in peace the best he could do for her?

Ya, the Ling Er's death seems really sudden and "forced"...

I agree with the 'forced' part as well..
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:12 pm

i think he should let ling_er live last time when ling er is injured sheng gu can save her why not now maybe because the five orbs and the egg is gone so they dont have the medicine to save her

Vi3tStyLe
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Vi3tStyLe » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:51 am

i just recently finished watching this series, and it was very touching, i was on verge of tears, i still wish that they could of been together, and i can't believe that the series is over, i just wish the series wouldn't have ended that way, i can't stop listening to their songs sung by Hu Ge, in the end, Xiao Yao made a hard decision, but it was for the one he loved, i think it can be settled like that, even tho it would be hard, " the one who stays behind, suffers the most" i hope u all feel the same way as i do, I've learned alot from watching this, i won't forget it T_T

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:47 am

Hi Vi3tStyLe!! Thanks for joining us =D

yesh..*tears* the ending is very sad.. it's nice to hear everyone's opinions..so far it's a tie with 4 votes each..it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

AL13N
Hero Wannabe

Postby AL13N » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 am

he did the right thing.

if you love someone that much, you would not bear to see them suffering. it's best to let go.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:59 pm

It must've felt pretty bad when Xiao Yao was standing on the hill top and saw all the "Real red dandelions" (Ling Er's favourite flower) and she isn't there...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

angelzaina
Hero Wannabe

Postby angelzaina » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:32 am

AL13N wrote:he did the right thing.

if you love someone that much, you would not bear to see them suffering. it's best to let go.

hmm agreed.

teolilian
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby teolilian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 pm

But I think Xiao Yao shouldn't let Ling Er go. Perhaps someone will come and save her. Anyway, Ling Er wants to continue to live even though she have to go through much pain. So Xiao Yao should respect her decision and not let her go. Anyway no matter what the ending is, the story is still very touching.
Last edited by teolilian on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:35 am

This discussion is getting intense! The votes are soo close!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:06 am

Hrm... I voted that he did the right thing letting her go.

Short of giving his life for hers, there wasn't much he felt he could do at the time (what with all that blood - though yes, it did felt forced).

His love for her was probably the reason he told her to sleep. He cares so much for her at the end that he wanted her to stop suffering for him (instead of being selfish and telling her to hang on).

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:48 pm

cause this is a interesting topic lo after all ling er want to stay for xiaoyao because she dont want xiaoyao to be sad while xiaoyao dont want ling er to suffer so sad... In the show i dont think xiaoyao know healing techs and i dont think ling er can heal herself while she was veryvery weak by then

guiltycross
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby guiltycross » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:16 am

he did the right thing, I would do the same thing if I was XY, If I can take all the pain and wounds away, then I would, I would let myself suffer instead and hang on for her, but it is not the case, my beloved is in deep pain, I couldn't bear to make her hang on, that's being selfish, she wouldn't make it anyway, with all the blood that she's lost? nah

swtllbabyangel
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby swtllbabyangel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:15 am

i think he did the right thing.. but in chinese paladin 2 (if it comes out) liu yi fei should be in it.. because its HER daughter.
Ngoc was here.

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”