Pal1 "Full" English Patch 2.5 (PAL 95)

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Pal1 "Full" English Patch 2.00

Postby Whistler » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:59 pm

actually the transformation spell only increases (doubles) Strength and Dexterity and not all stats :)

and maybe "Confuse" is more accurate than "Berserk" for that spell.
Last edited by Whistler on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:21 pm

another 2 suggestions:
Cure: This one removes some of the poisons, maybe "Cleanse"? (the original Chinese text also has meaning of "Cleanse")
Debuff: This one removes some of the negative statuses, maybe "Dispel"? (I think the equivant in Final Fantasy series is "Esuna", but that sounds weird.)

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 am

Hi Whistler,
Dispel sounds much better than Debuff and it's frequently used in rpg-games, thanks ^^
Cleanse is pretty close to the original translation but I think Cure is the most common word for curing poison (in rpg)XD
Confuse or Berserk are both fine to me,I think confuse is actually more clear in this context.

I'll change the skill name as soon as I can. ^^
Last edited by Xire on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 am

rtferic wrote:Thumbs up Xire!

Thanks dude.

Btw Xire, why do the items' descriptions not show up in my game. When I check my items in the inventory, the last dialogue sentence will show up as the description of the items.

Same goes for the description of items or skillss during the battle. For example: First Aid, the description is the last dialogue, not the description of the skill itself.

Thxs beforehand for the solution! hehe

Also, the dialogues are all in Chinese, starting from when Xiao Yao met Ling Er for the first time on the island. Did I patch wrongly ><?

Hi,rtferic
Hmm, I think the patch should work fine.(Few people are almost done with the game)^^
Are you running this game on vista or xp?
Make sure that all 3 files "sss","m" and "word" are put under "Translated Pal" folder and replace the old ones.
If it's still not working please let me know.
ps:sorry couldn't reply sooner x.x

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Postby rtferic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

Xire wrote:
rtferic wrote:Thumbs up Xire!

Thanks dude.

Btw Xire, why do the items' descriptions not show up in my game. When I check my items in the inventory, the last dialogue sentence will show up as the description of the items.

Same goes for the description of items or skillss during the battle. For example: First Aid, the description is the last dialogue, not the description of the skill itself.

Thxs beforehand for the solution! hehe

Also, the dialogues are all in Chinese, starting from when Xiao Yao met Ling Er for the first time on the island. Did I patch wrongly ><?

Hi,rtferic
Hmm, I think the patch should work fine.(Few people are almost done with the game)^^
Are you running this game on vista or xp?
Make sure that all 3 files "sss","m" and "word" are put under "Translated Pal" folder and replace the old ones.
If it's still not working please let me know.

Hi Xire,
Thxs for the reply.

I am running windows XP sp3. I downloaded the core game from your link, and of course using the daemon tool to mount a cd image. I patched the translated pal directory. I know the first 2 file of the same size. The last file changes a few hundred kb in size.

Sometimes for my game, even during a dialogue, a wrong dialogue shows up. I know some chinese, that's why I know the dialogue is wrong, because a dialogue between xiao yao and ling'er, shows up when I tried talking to a fisherman in town.

Did I install wrongly?

Thxs again Xire for your help in advance.

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 am

There are few things that I'd like to know.
You said that sometimes the dialogues got messed up which means it happens randomly?
And the chinese letters give you a full/clear sentences or just kind of serparated/unclear letters?

There's a possibility that the dialogue got messed up by your "computer language code"
Maybe you can try to run the game with "Microsoft AppLocale Utility" (it's like 2mb only)

Use the programm to start Pal.exe by choosing "chinese simplified"

Hopefully this will work ^^

Otherwise you can try to run this game on a different computer to see if it's funtion correctly.

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Postby rtferic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 am

Xire wrote:There are few things that I'd like to know.
You said that sometimes the dialogues got messed up which means it happens randomly?
And the chinese letters give you a full/clear sentences or just kind of serparated/unclear letters?

There's a possibility that the dialogue got messed up by your "computer language code"
Maybe you can try to run the game with "Microsoft AppLocale Utility" (it's like 2mb only)

Use the programm to start Pal.exe by choosing "chinese simplified"

Hopefully this will work ^^

Otherwise you can try to run this game on a different computer to see if it's funtion correctly.

Hi Xire,

I did run this game with AppLocale. The dialogue is just messed up sometimes, even with the English dioalogues. The dialogue starts from "mid sentence", I have to keep clicking and read the dialogue twice, before I can see the full sentence.

Sometimes, the dialogue shows up in chinese for the wrong character. For example, I talked to the fisherman at teh entrance of Dream Island, The dialogue in chinese for Xiao Yao and Linger shows up instead.

Also, when I talk to someone at the market square in the starting town, they will just talk something and yes or no option will show up, I don't even know what it is for.

Last but not least, the item descriptions have problems too. When I pick up something, the item name does not show up on the main screen. I just see an empty dialogue box, that's how I know I picked up soemthing.

Thanks for your hardwork Xire, I really hope I can enjoy and play this game. Love this franchise.

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi etferic,
Use this link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FYT2RN9E
I'm running this pal on my computer which works totally fine.
It also contains the newest patch but not the cd image though.(Just use the one from the core game) Once you downloaded the game, just extract and start the pal.exe
Let me know whether is it working or not ^^

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Postby rtferic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Xire wrote:Hi etferic,
It also contains the newest patch but not the cd image though.(Just use the one from the core game) Once you downloaded the game, just extract and start the pal.exe

THANKS!

It works! Item description work! Dialogue works! Nice!!!!! It might be the core game that I downloaded earlier that has problem.

Thxs alot again Xire.

GOnna play it now :)

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 pm

rtferic wrote:
Xire wrote:Hi etferic,

THANKS!

It works! Item description work! Dialogue works! Nice!!!!! It might be the core game that I downloaded earlier that has problem.

Thxs alot again Xire.

GOnna play it now :)

I'm glad it works !! ^^
I think the core game is fine as well, maybe something got messed up when you were downloading/extracting the core game..
Anyway,enjoy the game :D
Ps: Don't forget to put the cd image into the folder.

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Postby rtferic » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:10 am

Two thumbs up :D

Xire, the patch messed up my game's item descriptions. The dialogues are still Good. I thought it might be that my saved game won't work with new patch, so I tried playing from the start, but the item description is still bugged up.

Sorry for all the troubles caused.

If your game folder is working fine, maybe you can provide me with a link to download that folder again? ^ ^'

Thanks in advance.

Xire ignore the game problem above hehe, I found out what is going wrong all these time. We have to "EXTRACT THE PATCH IN THE FOLDER". The game gone wrong when I extract the patch from desktop to the translated pal folder. But when I copy the patch into the folder THEN EXTRACT it, the game is fine.

So if anybody runs into the same problem, this is the solution.

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 am

rtferic wrote:Xire ignore the game problem above hehe, I found out what is going wrong all these time. We have to "EXTRACT THE PATCH IN THE FOLDER". The game gone wrong when I extract the patch from desktop to the translated pal folder. But when I copy the patch into the folder THEN EXTRACT it, the game is fine.

So if anybody runs into the same problem, this is the solution.

Thanks for the solution rtferic!! I'm glad there's actually an easy way to solve this problem!!XD

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Re: Pal1 "Full" English Patch 2.5

Postby rtferic » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:08 am

Hey Xire,

Is there a way to sort items out? Inventory is pretty messy now.

Thanks

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P7FPEB1C
Hi,
Again here is the link for the working Pal with newest patch.(Excluding cd image.)
Just move your save files into this folder.
Let me know if it's working ^^

rtferic
Hero Wannabe

Postby rtferic » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Xire,

A name change suggestion:
The menu during the battle screen, the white flag option, then the first option, instead of "COOP", I believe "Auto" would be a better suited name.

Found a spelling mistake when Xiao Yao met Yue Ru for the first time. The tree tying scene. Ignore is spelled as iognore. Thought you might wanna know ^ ^.

There are lots of items with 3 alphabets name, such ash "BSX", SLX", "FSY", are those originally like that?

Also, when we view the items sold by merchants, were there supposed to be any descriptions at all? I found that it is pretty hard to buy items. I usually save game first before buying haha, because the only descriptions available are in the "equip" or "use" mode.

Last but not least Xire, is there a way to sort the items out in game? I found the in-game inventory pretty messy now.

Thanks

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”