plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PAL1

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PAL1

Postby Whistler » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 am

http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-game,,T-37401G,,Senken-Kigyouden-JPN.html

unfortunately I would like to dl an ISO of this but can't find it, and I'm also not able to buy from Japanese online stores :(

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PAL1

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 am

wah..nice find!! It looks interesting..

And seeing those screenshots from the game makes me wanna replay the game all over >.<
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 am

wow awesome

but i prefer original PAL XD
Whistler will save the day.

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 am

You can download this version here

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 am

^ well I'm sure T-37401H-16 is the Chinese version (which is easy to find) :( The Japanese version is T-37401G and the only places I found is Japanese online stores which I'm not able to buy from.

Thanks anyway.

Shine
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Everyone

Postby Shine » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 am

If you're still interested, I own the Japanese version, and I don't mind ripping and uploading it if it'd be helpful. Just let me know what format would be best. ^^

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Shine wrote:If you're still interested, I own the Japanese version, and I don't mind ripping and uploading it if it'd be helpful. Just let me know what format would be best. ^^

Cool!
Alcohol 120% (mdf/mds) or CloneCD (img/ccd/sub) formats would be fine. :D

Thanks in advance :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:21 pm

haha that's awesome! ^_^!!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Shine
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shine » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F7CL1TCK. It's in CCD format. I've never copied a Saturn game before, so I hope it's okay. Let me know if you have any problems. Hopefully you know more than me about Saturn emulation and stuff, as I have no idea how to play copied Saturn games. ^^

It's nice to meet you all, by the way. Sorry for just jumping into this topic and posting randomly without even introducing myself. ^_^ I'm really interested in the Xian Jian series, but Ive never played any of the games before, as the only East Asian language I speak is Japanese. I started playing the Japanese Saturn version of the game last year, but shortly afterward I started studying Mandarin Chinese. And I thought it might be nicer to wait a few years, and try to play the games in their native language. It helps me to study if I know it's for something fun. Mandarin is really interesting, but it's really hard, even knowing lots of similar characters and words from Japanese, and I get discouraged easily. ^_^

Also, this board has the cutest set of emoticons I've ever seen! Were they made by people here? :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat May 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks very much for the prompt uploading ^_^ And yes, welcome!!! :D Wow, I think you may be the first Japanese fan to chance upon this forum :D I could imagine learning Chinese to be really challenging though o_o I'm not that great at Mandarin myself but know enough to watch the dramas and play the first game =)

Just wondering, is there much difference between the Japanese version and the original (apart from some graphics/artwork looking different?)

And nope, we didn't make these emoticons, but they are really adorable indeed! heehee! We only started using them recently ^_^ I found them for download at palhero.net (after lots of searching through their Chinese website @_@)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks a lot :)

will write something about how to run it with an emulator after I get it working so that others can try it too :)

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat May 01, 2010 11:54 pm

The image works well here :) Thanks again.

Here's a tutorial to run it :)

1. Download SSF from http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html
Click on "Ver0.11 alpha R5" in the sentence "SSFの最新バージョンはVer0.11 alpha R5です。"
The file should be named SSF_011_alpha_R5.zip but may change if newer version is released.

Unzip it to anywhere perferred.

You also need a Saturn BIOS file. The filename should be "Sega_101.bin" but I don't provide the link here due to copyright issue (and the console should not be hard to obtain unlike the game), although it should be easy to find with Google. Please only download the BIOS file if you own the real console.

Copy the Sega_101.bin file into the same directory where you extracted the emulator, so that the directory looks like this:

2. Run the SSF.exe file, and click Option->Option.
Click "Browse" button in "Saturn BIOS", select the Sega_101 file and click OK.

Select your CD-ROM. Make sure the correct one is selected.
If using Daemon Tools, it usually looks like this:

3. Click on "Controller" at the top of the dialog box, make sure "Control Pad" is selected in Port1->Player1:A, and click "Redefine" after it to define the keys for each buttons.

4. Click OK, and exit SSF by closing the window.

5. Insert the burned CD or mount the image with Daemon Tools, and relaunch SSF.exe.

6. On a screen like this, press Down button (as defined in step 3) to move the cursor to "决定" and press A button (also as defined in step 3). This should be only required for the first time.

7. Now the game should be running. :)

Last edited by Whistler on Sun May 02, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shine
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shine » Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Thanks very much for the prompt uploading ^_^ And yes, welcome!!! :D Wow, I think you may be the first Japanese fan to chance upon this forum :D I could imagine learning Chinese to be really challenging though o_o I'm not that great at Mandarin myself but know enough to watch the dramas and play the first game =)

Just wondering, is there much difference between the Japanese version and the original (apart from some graphics/artwork looking different?)

And nope, we didn't make these emoticons, but they are really adorable indeed! heehee! We only started using them recently ^_^ I found them for download at palhero.net (after lots of searching through their Chinese website @_@)

Ah, no, I'm not Japanese. ^^ My first language is English. I just taught myself Japanese when I was in high school. I can't claim to be fluent, as my speaking is pretty bad, but I can read, write and understand it without too many problems. It's cool that you know enough Mandarin to understand the dramas and games, though! I'm a little bit jealous. ^^ How did you learn?

I couldn't really tell you about the differences, as the only Chinese version of the game I own is 新仙剑奇侠传, which is a remake in itself. ^_^ I guess I didn't notice many differences between what I played and videos I've seen of the Chinese version, but I'm not really familiar enough with the game to tell. I'd be interested myself to see how the translated script differed from the original, but my Chinese is still far too bad for that. XD

Chinese is certainly a challenge. ^^ I know about two thousand characters from Japanese, and sometimes that's useful. A lot of vocabulary is the same, and sometimes readings are very close too (電話, for example, is 'dianhua' in Chinese and 'denwa' in Japanese). But Chinese uses a lot of characters that hardly ever turn up in Japanese, and simplified characters are difficult to get your head around when you've grown quite comfortable with Japanese kanji, which tend to be much closer to traditional. Also, I find Chinese grammar quite hard. Japanese has a lot of rules, but if you learn the rules it's not so difficult. Chinese seems a lot more flexible and difficult to get a grasp on. Though maybe I just need to study more. ^^ Regardless, I'm having so much fun studying it. The fact that it's tricky just makes it more exciting. ^_^ I didn't really know a lot about China as a country when I started either, as I mostly began learning because I fell in love with Chinese characters while I was studying Japanese. So it's been interesting to learn a little bit about Chinese history and culture as I go along.

Oh, I see. Well they were definitely worth stealing! :D

Whistler wrote:The image works well here :) Thanks again.

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked okay. ^^ Thanks for the detailed tutorial, too. The last time I looked into Saturn emulation was when I was very young, and I didn't realise it had come along so far since then.

Oh, and I love your avatar! So cool. ^_^

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 am

Ah, no, I'm not Japanese. ^^ My first language is English. I just taught myself Japanese when I was in high school. I can't claim to be fluent, as my speaking is pretty bad, but I can read, write and understand it without too many problems. It's cool that you know enough Mandarin to understand the dramas and games, though! I'm a little bit jealous. ^^ How did you learn?

Ohh ic, that's pretty impressive :D I'm actually a ABC (Australian born Chinese) so I speak Cantonese at home, but like most others born in a Western Country, my Chinese just is dodgey XD As a kid I was sent to learn Mandarin on Saturday schools but yeah, didn't do too well because I didn't pay attention! I went for several years on and off until High School and then stopped going. Now I kinda wish I paid more attention v_v But yeah, it still helped as I learnt both traditional and simplified Chinese- so reading the Chinese subtitles wasn't too bad :) Plus I can speak Cantonese and since Mando and Canto sound similar, it wasn't too hard putting the pieces together ^_^ It's good to see you're so keen to learn Chinese!! (I learnt some basic Japanese in year 7-8 during High School but forgot most now, hahaa)

Oh, I also practice Chinese reading/speaking with Karaoke, lols. Watching Chinese drama also helps to learn I think :)

The image works well here :) Thanks again.

Here's a tutorial to run it :)

Thanks for the tutorial Whistler!! Very thoughtful ^_^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PA

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Have you had the chance to play this? If so, could you make some screenshots and share? :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”