plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PAL1

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: plenty of screenshots of official Japanese version of PA

Postby Whistler » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I played it but didn't finished it yet and I didn't backup the previous memcard files :( anyways most of the stuff is the same as the win95 version except the language and some other minor things I think.

as for screenshots, this seems to be missing anyways :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 pm

haha thanks!! XD XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Pantamorph wrote:You can download this version here

the links to the chinese version there is down - however I'm not sure if I should repost it there as the admins at that site seems to be retarded (the site needs 2 posts to post links so I did a random spam and then posted the mirror link for another game then deleted the first spampost myself immediately - however some admin there UNDELETED that spampost and insulted/banned me).

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
Pantamorph wrote:You can download this version here

the links to the chinese version there is down - however I'm not sure if I should repost it there as the admins at that site seems to be retarded (the site needs 2 posts to post links so I did a random spam and then posted the mirror link for another game then deleted the first spampost myself immediately - however some admin there UNDELETED that spampost and insulted/banned me).

Every herd has its own black sheep, just don't bother answering to assholes, there's a lot of great people there that sometimes gave me some rare games which I've been looking for :)
Btw, I wanted to ask you a question about SDLPAL, is there a possibility to bind the Windows 95 version sounds into the DOS version to make them readable in SDLPAL? I'd like to hear the sounds of attacks in the interpreter too :D

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:56 am

Sorry for not being around for quite a while, real life took too much of my time :cry:
Anyway, I've tried the Japanese version and I can point out the most noticeable differences from the original PAL game:
1. Portraits: the Japanese version has completely different character portraits which sometimes have a tendency to look more realistic
2. Loading times: they are, probably, this game's biggest flaw, as it takes some time to load every stage and a bit more to load the battles, some enemies take a few seconds to die which keeps them visible once you kill the last enemy and gain experience
3. Lack of some graphical effects such as the ones connected to the disappearance of statues when you're headed towards Ling'er, the statues just disappear without any effects (I figure this is because coding on the saturn was already a nightmare due to 2 CPUs and pushing the console to its limits was something not many could have done, so they probably didn't have much time and knowledge on how to add all these effects)
4. Rearranged music and sfx: while the music hasn't changed for the remake, it sounds different and I have to admit that the original DOS version had better music, I also loathe Xiaoyao's voice when he attacks, even the XP remake sounds better, although there he sounded like a stereotypical nerd, though IMO, Ling'er's voice is quite nice.
The game started running twice its speed when I started going through the path to the drunken master, I don't know whether it's an emulation bug or an ingame glitch
Also, after coming back to the island and witnessing Ling'er's nanny die, the screen turned black and I couldn't progress any further (While the menu still worked) I've tried saving the game and loading again but still, I couldn't progress further without knowing where to go and where my character was anyway
Overall, I'd say that the game feels less polished than the original version (Which could be understood, since this game was coded using BASIC) and I would only recommend playing this version to those who can read Japanese and who are very patient, as when you're faced with enemies running towards you all over the area, you may not be able to walk freely for a few minutes since the game would keep on loading everything, also, you may not even be able to finish it using an emulator as I've found that you'd have to tweak your emulator in order to even play this game (For example, I could only launch it on SSF without using a Saturn BIOS and still had to play with some settings to see the maps and the characters) :?
Here are some screenshots taken using SSF:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks for the post and sharing your experience with it! The portraist do look..interesting, ahaha. I think I prefer the DOS version..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:15 am

Ooh, very nice portraits! xP :)
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”