[Mega]PAL XP/2/3/3A/4

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Re: [Mega]PAL XP/2/3/3A/4

Postby Yukinaoni » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 pm

re: LiXiaoYao

Pal Xp and the other series of the game needs to be extremely popular enough for the original creators to notice before considering a translation of the game into other languages. For example, If a game isn't popular enough or noticed, no one would know the game exist nor have an interest in it. If no one wants to play it, the creators would be wasting their effort on translating a game that no one notices thus creating a loss on their budget and time. On the other hand, if a particular game existed and grabbed billions of people's attention from around the world, then its definitely going to get translated. This also has something to do with demand, beneficial profit, and majority interest.

As for the progression of the translations, remember its a small group of fans using their own free time to translate the game. It doesn't get done in an instant because everyone has things in their life that they need to do. All it takes is patience :)
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:17 am

LiXiaoYao wrote:Thank you for the download link !

Is there a complete English translation for PAL XP ? if not, how far is the progress for the English translation in percent like 50% done, 60% done or what.

-edit-
On second thought I'll play the 98 version with 99.9999% English translation, replaying even with better graphic but without understanding the dialogue is kinda pointless. I'll save the best for last later when Steam finally releases it in English for god knows when. :(

Btw why is it soo hard to get the pal xp translated, it's like god forbids it :twisted:
been waiting for years and years and it's still not yet 100%, the tool is already released also, even a google translated english I think is still better than not being able to read at all.

Sorry for the rant but it's needed to be said after all these years :(

If you could get the original programmers of the game to produce an English version, so all problems would be solved! :roll:

As for the fan translation, it is not only a problem with translating Chinese into English (which is a huge task), but also that the scripting system of PAL XP was programmed really badly and hard for fans to edit. No one I know (other than the original programmers) understands fully how the scripting system works, which means that if you make an edit and you are not careful, the entire game will crash.

The scripting system of the win95/98 version was much better programmed and much easier for fans to edit.

LiXiaoYao
Hero Wannabe

Postby LiXiaoYao » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 pm

I see, thanks guys for the insight about fan made translation for pal xp and what it takes to get a remake.

Further more, probably since the original programmers are originated from China and China has the largest population among other countries, thus the bigger market, they might see it as pointless. Their own market where they mainly distribute the game speaks Chinese and their own native language is also Chinese so why bother with far less populated market and less profit. (I just googled about China, I know it's very populated, but google just reminded me it's VERY VERY populated compared to other countries except India :mrgreen: )

I'll just wait and build up my patience then :mrgreen:

thedreambox
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Linger

Postby thedreambox » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I just downloaded the PAL XP. I started playing up until the where Zhao Lin Er turned into a snake and I have to go into a snake cave to look after her.

Is it just me or is the snake cave missing?

When I go into the cave from outside after picking up Yue Rue, it just leads me straight to where the wife of the half snake / half human is. It makes it extremely difficult to kill her especially she has the ability to heal herself with my level 5 Li Xiaoyao and level 3 Yue Rue and also without the leveling of the mobs from the snake cave.

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Yukinaoni » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am

Yes, I think the snake cave is missing, I had to use the stat modifier that Kenshin had placed in the game's file to get past that part. It should be in the game folder, look for 攻略+修改+存檔, then go to 完美存檔編輯器二款, then newpaledit and press on NewPalEdit.exe

doomavatar
Hero Wannabe

Re: [MF]PAL XP/2/3/3A/4 & Game OST

Postby doomavatar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Kenshin wrote:Thanks for the tip! Here we go.

PAL 4: https://mega.co.nz/#!KY80gCAI!AZ6OBB4Fa ... MFTFkI2KiE

And imagine my surprise again when I was rummaging through old memory cards and found that I DID back up my PAL 4 guide!

PAL 4 Guide: https://mega.co.nz/#!7UEyAbxT!Joj-F3sqn ... bLmalC6W8M

Is it possible to get a reupload of this?

Drummermean
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Sword Immortal

Postby Drummermean » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:59 am

I second this :)

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Kenshin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Odd how PAL XP is still the only live one. Hmm.

Anyone have any ideas on where to upload these? I don't want to have to keep re-uploading every few months.

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Yukinaoni » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:35 am

Kenshin wrote:Odd how PAL XP is still the only live one. Hmm.

Anyone have any ideas on where to upload these? I don't want to have to keep re-uploading every few months.

How about here?: https://kat.cr/
I can't think of any other sites that will keep them up for a long time...

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”