PAL 98 *OFFICIAL* download link

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

PAL 98 *OFFICIAL* download link

Postby Whistler » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:27 am

this doesn't seem to have been posted here ;) PAL 98 has been released for free download *OFFICIALLY*:
http://update1.baiyou100.com/resource/Pal98rqp.zip (simplified chinese only)
:oops: :oops: :oops:

btw, the DOS version has also been released in the Apple AppStore (costs $1.99):
https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/xian-ji ... 17733?mt=8
(if you have a jailbroken iPhone you can easily extract the files with iFile and play on PC)
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: PAL 98 *OFFICIAL* download link

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh yay!! :D :D Official and legal?? woot!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby God » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for the caring and sharing! :P
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:09 pm

I downloaded the 98 version.. but not sure how to run it? ^^" ANyone tried it out?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby God » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:54 pm

1) If you have traditional/simplified Chinese regional settings. Download zip, unzip, run PAL.exe from destination folder.

2) If you have English language settings, download and install AppLocale from the Microsoft page. Then download the game zip and unzip it. Run AppLocale, click next, browse and choose PAL.exe from your destination folder earlier. Choose 中文 (简体) from the list of languages offered. The game doesn't support traditional Chinese, afaik. Remember to create a shortcut and use said shortcut to run it under these setting every time.

In both cases, your first run will be a window in your top left corner. Right click the title bar of PAL.exe, choose Patch Settings, and adjust accordingly. Alternatively, you can edit the PAL.<yourusername>.ini file.

Profit. :P :P :P

P.S. You can use AppLocale for any unicode program.
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:13 pm

You can double-click PAL.exe to run it even on an English-language Windows system. Windows XP/7/8 should be fine. If that gives you an error, we can help you sort it out :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 am

Oh whoops! There was another .zip file in there that had the .exe file that I missed... XD

Thanks ^^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 am

Sorry, another question.... ^^" How do I get the chinese characters to show up? Currently shows me a bunch of symbols
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Ahh, then your computer doesn't have the right locale settings. Like God said, you'll need to install AppLocale
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download ... x?id=13209
On Vista/Win7/8, you'll need to follow these instructions to install:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/workaroun ... ows-vista/

After installation, run it and launch PAL.exe from there.

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 am

I got this game to run on windows 7 in English with easy steps, in case anyone wants to know ill explain it here:

After downloading the official PAL 98 (Thank you for sharing the link :) I've been searching like crazy for this game), I went to this site after stalking many post on here (while getting lost :( ) also I would like to thank Rapid's input for the link) for what I think is the 99.99% english translation for PAL 95 which works quite well for PAL 98 as well: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caa ... ,0,0,1,499

*I got confused at following instructions with Rapid's post, so heres the exact steps:
Download the file (called tlosaf_v12-caanoo.rar) and extract, you should get a file named tlosaf and a notepad info tlosaf.ini (I don't know what that is for so I kind of ignored that). Inside tlosaf click on the files: data-> lang -> en. Inside the en file copy m.msg, sss.mkf, and word.dat and then use those to replace the old ones in your extracted official PAL 98 file.

Then I went to http://sdlpal.codeplex.com/ (again many thanks for the link), go to downloads tab that is beside the source code tab and then go to the right side and click on "other downloads" then in the page you should see under recommended download: sdlpal95-test-win32.7z. Download that and extract it into the PAL 98 game file.

Your game files should have sdlpal95.exe. Click and play! :P
*Because you can use sdlpal95.exe instead of Pal.exe, you have no need for AppLocale.
**If you use Pal.exe instead of sdlpal95.exe, it might give "error accessing the system registry, Unexpected error; quitting"
(There were no problems with the text on my HP and my friends Acer, but it could be different for certain computers)

*Aside from posting it here, I'll try to post it also somewhere else on the forums so people know and don't have to get lost like I did. :shock:

**Also if anyone knows where to get the XP version of the game, how to patch the english patch, or has an sdlpal for the xp version that can run on windows 7, I would be greatly appreciated.
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

LiXiaoYao
Hero Wannabe

Postby LiXiaoYao » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 am

Thanks for the download link and instructions, how do I run the game in upscaled bigger window mode ? 640x480 on a 1920 x1080 desktop resolution is too small.

I've tried the Setting.exe supposedly for Pal95 but it didn't work. Isn't pal95 and 98 the same ?

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

LiXiaoYao wrote:Thanks for the download link and instructions, how do I run the game in upscaled bigger window mode ? 640x480 on a 1920 x1080 desktop resolution is too small.

I've tried the Setting.exe supposedly for Pal95 but it didn't work. Isn't pal95 and 98 the same ?

If you're using Pal 98 downloaded from Whistler's post and opened the game with sdlpal95.exe, I don't think theres a problem with resizing the window by dragging the corners, but could be different for certain computers. Pal 98 is an easier version of the game.
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”