PAL Novel

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

PAL Novel

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:49 pm

These are two novel versions of PAL (one is based on the game and the other is based on the TV series).

The game version is published in 2001. It seems that this version is about 75% the same as the original... but some changes looks very similar as the TV series.

The TV version seems to be written by a freelancer on the Internet. And it isn't completed, some of the later chapters are missing.

Download: (zipped web pages)
http://planet.time.net.my/CommerceSquar ... alnovel.7z

(text is in Chinese)
Last edited by Whistler on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Thank you for sharing =D
Which do you think is the better read?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:11 pm

well I prefer the story of the game as it seems to be much better than the drama (which has been seriously 'hacked')... however it seems that the novel also has some not-so-good things (e.g., the novel seemed Li Xiaoyao and Lin Yueru had quite a good time in the "snake" maze??? Also, there were no monsters in any mazes... but some are mentioned in the story, such as those zombies which were supposed to be all over the village :D)

anyways, both are still pretty good :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:52 pm

eh..?? good time o_o can u plz share more about the novel ^^ Sounds good...my Chinese is kinda..bad ^^;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm

well... don't get me wrong :) it just like walking like lovers without any dangers until they reached the boss...

while I understand that the author just wants to create some emotions here, something like this is IMHO just too unrealistic...

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:03 am

I am not sure why. but I can't seem to open the URL. Is the link broken? Or my internet got problem? o_o

Edit: I found another link that provide us with the novel part by part. May i check with you guys, whether it's the same thing?

Link: http://book.sina.com.cn/nzt/lit/xianjian/index.shtml

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:27 pm

There were quite a few XJ novel adaption of the game.

Hell when NewPal was first released, there was like a 9 chapter thing available on the official NewPal website (in Chinese of course). The story itself however, is drastically different from the game, and I mean VERY different.

I just came back from China, and I wasn't able to get my hand on the printed version by a guy name 楚国. Yes I know, weird name but apparently his version was considered "true" adaption to the game even though it received mixed reviews from the fans.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Lightbrand wrote:There were quite a few XJ novel adaption of the game.

Hell when NewPal was first released, there was like a 9 chapter thing available on the official NewPal website (in Chinese of course). The story itself however, is drastically different from the game, and I mean VERY different.

I just came back from China, and I wasn't able to get my hand on the printed version by a guy name 楚国. Yes I know, weird name but apparently his version was considered "true" adaption to the game even though it received mixed reviews from the fans.

Haha. I see. Maybe you could try find a online version similar to that guy's? Or Is there other versions closer to the game? The one I found is obviously some fanwork or something based on the drama. =(

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:44 pm

sorry but the planet.time.net.my site seemed down :(

The game novel written by Chu Guo is available at:
http://www.readnovel.com/partlist/4615/

btw, that official novel written by Marty Hsieh (or Xie Chonghui in Pinyin) has 10 chapters available, and its appearance is way earlier than the release of NewPAL (basically the first 5 chapters are included within the PAL Win95 CD).

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”