Request: Chinese Reading Program

Download PAL Games here! Share Chinese Paladin Drama and Game related media files and download. OST lyrics, translations and more.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Phantonz
Hero Wannabe

Request: Chinese Reading Program

Postby Phantonz » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:08 am

Hihi~

I recently started downloading that 12.5gb file that was sticked in this section of the forums; however, everything is just random symbols for me O.o.

I changed my computer to traditional chinese (taiwan) but it shows up as jibberish chinese that makes absolutely no sense when you read it.

So.. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some chinese reading programs that I could download to change the symbols into correctly oriented chinese and/or what language is the symbols coded in so I can change it in my control panel!

Many thanks,
Chen.

palzle
Hero Wannabe

Re: Request: Chinese Reading Program

Postby palzle » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:54 pm

You may need a simplified Chinese OS, I guess.
I have no idea to help you.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 pm

for Windows 2000/XP, just set the locale of non-unicode programs to either Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese in Control Panel, and see which one works.

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:38 pm

You need to install support to Chinese and Japanese languages in the languages section of your Control Panel and then, download AppLocale and try launching the game with it (You'll need to Choose what is the game's original language)
I can also send you an addon that I made to let you launch the game in Chinese-locale mode by right-clicking your mouse and selecting Chinese Locale, if you're interested! :)

Return to “Goodies & Downloads”