In the process of playing Xian Jian XP ~

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

In the process of playing Xian Jian XP ~

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:04 pm

So far I'm having a good time on this forum. Thanks for having me~

I've been playing Xin Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan and I'm really enjoying it. The story is great, and Xiāo Yáo is very amusing XD The soundtracks are very beautiful too.
I'm actually trying to get all three of the endings. ^^
If you guys don't mind, I'm going to use this thread to talk about events in the game as I play along. <3 No spoilers please!! 8)

Well, when I went to the market in Shèng Yú Village to buy fresh shrimps, I met this dude. He didn't really look special in any way, but I decided to talk to him anyway. I've got this habit of talking to every single person I can find. If I don't do that, I end up feeling terrible ^^' I have severe OCD... >_>

So this was the dialogue. I translated the best I can.

Senior Yīng: I have a story, do you want to hear it? [Yes/No]
(I chose yes.)
Senior Yīng: Do you believe that I was the agent who was well-known in Southern Yangtze ten some years ago, known as the Iron Armed Divine Eagle Huáng Fǔ Yīng? [Yes/No]
(Once again, I chose yes.)
Senior Yīng: Haha~ good boy! There's finally someone who believes in the words I say!
Senior Yīng: Young boy~ I'm not bragging here…twelve years ago, I captured the Eastern River Tiger—Yóu Tiān Bà, Western Kinky Rat—Sī Mǎ Wú Yōu, and the Northern Divine Thief—Qián Wú Tōng of the Four Great Evils with my own hands.

(Okay, allow me to explain. The Four Great Evils were four evildoers who did a lot of undesirable things and were therefore hunted down by many government officials.
The evildoer in the east was Yóu Tiān Bà, known as the Eastern River Tiger. I'm not sure what laws he'd broken.
The evildoer in the West was Sī Mǎ Wú Yōu, known as the Western Kinky Rat. I'm assuming that sexual assaults are what he was well-known for, hence the "kinky" in his nickname.
The evildoer in the North was Qián Wú Tōng, known as the Northern Divine Thief. Limitless amount of stealing was obviously why he wa hunted down.
The evildoer in the South was Lǐ Sān Sī, known as the Southern Robbing Xiá. Xiá roughly means "righteous hero". Lǐ Sān Sī was also well-known for stealing. Huáng Fǔ Yīng captured three of the four.)

Senior Yīng: The title of Iron Armed Divine Eagle was granted personally by the emperor at the time! Sigh… But…when I was pursuing the Southern Robbing Xiá, Lǐ Sān Sī, I committed the biggest mistake in my entire life…and it caused me to withdraw from Jiāng Hú since then…

(Jiāng Hú is the world how martial artists view it. It is a concept where martial artists live by their own rules and codes of honour.)

Lǐ Xiāo Yáo: Oh! What was it that was so serious?
Senior Yīng: It was shameful… Not only was I defeated several times by the hands of the Southern Robbing Xiá married couple, I also owed them an act of kindness that I can never be able to repay.
Senior Yīng: In order to practise Intense Eagle's Talon, for a long-term basis I used juice made from heartbreaking plants to soak all ten of my fingers, resulting in intense poison going deep into my organs, yet I did not realize it.

(Intense Eagle's Talon is a skill. The heartbreaking plant is a poisonous plant. It is actually a very important plant in the Return of the Condor Heroes.)

Senior Yīng: Just when my life was in a critical moment, Lǐ Sān Sī and his wife didn't take our past grudges into account and they went a long distance to the Miao Region. They stole a Venomous Dragon Gallbladder from the Miao people's place and cured my poison. Although I retrieved my life, but my martial arts were lost…
Senior Yīng: When I thought of requiting them, I heard that the Robbing Xiá married couple had already deceased, and that their young son also went missing…
Senior Yīng: It was said that the Robbing Xiá married couple were cursed because they robbed a sacred object of the Miao people, and so that's why they suddenly died…
Senior Yīng: Yee… Young lad, the more I look at you, the more you seem to…have somewhat of a resemblance to the Southern Robbing Xiá!
Senior Yīng: Oh…how is that possible! Don't mind me, I'm probably seeing incorrectly due to my dim-sightedness from old age.

Although this dialogue is not important to the plot, I decided to mention it anyway because it explains a lot about why Xiāo Yáo grew up without parents. It wasn't because they were being selfish and left him behind; it was that they couldn't be with him because they were supposedly killed by a curse. Huáng Fǔ Yīng's story explains why Xiāo Yáo's parents never went back for him. It's actually really sad…to grow up without loving parents……
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: In the process of playing Xian Jian XP ~

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:22 pm

oh wow, that was an interesting read! Thanks for taking the time to translate and explain everything! :) It's definitely a good back story for our poor hero. Because my Chinese reading isn't very good I always skipped over talking to random NPCs~

Hope you continue to share your adventure!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Sure will! Thanks for reading!! I don't mind translating all this awesome stuff; I just need someone to read them so that my efforts will actually be meaningful =)

Here's another awesome thingy I discovered~ xP

You know that sometimes text pops out during random cut scenes and when you open treasure chests and etc.? Well, I developed a learning disability some years ago that dramatically slows down my reading ability. It, SUCKS. But anyway, I've noticed that the texts disappear really soon after appearing. Soo…when I found a treasure chest outside of the Water Moon Palace…
It says, "Obtained a Hemostatis Plant".
…there was a Hemostasis Plant inside of the chest, and then I pressed on the space bar again so that I can read what it says next. (I dunno why I didn't do this earlier.)

It says "There isn't a single item in the treasure chest". But because I didn't see what it said 'cause the text disappeared too quickly, I pressed on it again so that I can read it again…but contrary to what was expected, this showed up instead…

It says, "Found a Miao Knife underneath the treasure chest".

…So this is like a little cheat XD And I found out about this only because I just suddenly felt like reading what the text says after getting something from a treasure chest. I've gotten stuff from treasure chests before this one, and I don't know why I didn't bother to read those texts until I went to the Water Moon Palace, and I JUST happened to do that with a sneaky little chest. What a coincidence!!! =O

And in case anyone was wondering, I got these clear pictures from using my print screen while playing the game xP
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:38 pm

When Xiāo Yáo fed the medicine to his aunt, there were two long orange texts that were too fast for me to read, so I had to look for a playthrough video to see what the texts said…

~

After Xiāo Yáo fed the medicine to his aunt, he suddenly started to feel really dizzy and collapsed.
"The Forget Worries Powder that Lǐ Xiāo Yáo swallowed beforehand takes effect
He passes out and collapses to the floor…"

At night, Auntie wakes him up and he tries to tell her something important, but he can't remember what it was…
"The Forget Worries Powder's efficacy makes mischief, causing Lǐ Xiāo Yáo's memories from Auntie falling ill yesterday, and heading out to Fairy Spirit Island, to getting the medicine back to all be lost~"

The Forget Worries Powder was given to Xiāo Yáo by the leader of the group of Miao people who were staying at his inn. They tricked Xiāo Yáo into doing the dirty work for them, such as smashing the Asura statues and finding the way around in the maze, just so that they can go to the island to capture Ling Er with ease. They gave Xiāo Yáo the powder so that he'll lose his memories of Ling Er, and that way he won't get in the way of their mission to capture Ling Er. It clearly didn't work out so smoothly though XD

Here's the flashback.
Chief of Miao People: Oh right…I have a pill here, swallow it. It can ensure that you won't be invaded by the miasma on Fairy Spirit Island…

I don't think there really was any poisonous miasma on the island, he was most likely telling Xiāo Yáo that to trick him into taking the pill…

"Lǐ Xiāo Yáo accepts the Sky-breaking Hammer
and also swallows the pill that is given to him by the Miao person (Forget Worries Powder)"

In the drama series, it's really obvious why Xiāo Yáo lost his memories, but in the game, people can easily be confused about what happened unless they have a very good memory and can read quickly.
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Good job! :P

Sometimes the texts do disappear too quickly and they blend into the background making them even harder to read.

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:29 am

Rich wrote:Good job! :P

Sometimes the texts do disappear too quickly and they blend into the background making them even harder to read.

Yes... I find that to be very frustrating. They could've at least changed that for Xian Jian 2... -_-

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:31 am

See that kid on the left? If you give him 5 sugar coated haws on a stick (糖葫蘆), 5 sticky rice cakes (糯米糕), and 5 tea eggs (茶葉蛋), he'll vomit out a Monster-Eating Insect (食妖蟲).
If you throw a Monster-Eating Insect at an enemy during battle, the Insect will become a Spirit Gu after nine turns. The Spirit Gu restores the entire party's qi for 250.

~

Little foxy Su Mei~ Ohh she's just too cute!! X33 :oops:

There's a silver almond behind the tree on the left of the Healing-Immortal Han House. It's one of the ingredients for Ling Er's medicine.
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:49 pm

In the top right corner of the picture, there is a chest that is already opened. This is actually a trick chest. If you check it out twice, you'll find a Nu Wa Stone underneath it.

This is the trickiest chest in the game. Due to the fact that it's already opened, it confuses the players into thinking that they've already been in that area of the dungeon maze before and end up getting lost.

I haven't found any other chests in the game that have items beneath them, so I believe that this chest and the one outside the Water Moon Palace are the only ones.
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drummermean
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Sword Immortal

Postby Drummermean » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:49 am

Old thread, but this was a super interesting read for me, thanks!

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”