you've played all kinds of pal games?

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

User avatar
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 pm

God wrote:
Chibi Jennifer wrote:haha, so nice to have you back :)!!


And it's nice to be back! :P :P :P You're not mad I stuck my internet pen up that troll's behind as my first post back, I hope? :roll:


haha nope, you're always welcome here :D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~
Image

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby kimimi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 am

It's really sad to see people acting like this - why come to an English board just to hate? Aren't we all PAL fans together? I may not be Chinese or have a fantastic grasp of the language, but if I didn't try then I'd never learn. Isn't "Wow this is beautiful! Let's all share our experiences and enjoy it together!" better than "LOL FUNEEE GAEM HAZ SQUIGGLE WRITTING!" *goes back to Madden* :evil:

The really sad thing is I've seen similar comments on the official GuJian forums; apparently there are people out there who feel Chinese games should only be for Chinese gamers, even though I've never seen non-Chinese fans do anything other than enjoy and try to work with hard-to-buy games in a language very few people are formally taught in the US/EU.

User avatar
~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:02 am
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan
Location: Digital World
Contact:

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm

....sorry, but that sounded really harsh... That person was probably just making an assumption, because generally people won't go that far to play a game that they can't understand the language of. There's really no need to be mean... Someone could've simply just explained to him that not all members here are Chinese...

He probably responded rudely because he was replied to rudely first...

No offense to anyone, just pointing things out.
Image
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:49 am
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby God » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:23 pm

DISCLAIMER: ~IllusionQueen~ If this sounds mean to you, I'm really not trying to be. You seem like a decent human being, so I'm explaining myself to you. There we go.

Let me point out, then, that his first post was racist in nature. Do you go into a modern Chinese restaurant, see a bunch of Chinese-looking people eating rice with stainless steel spoons and forks, and ask them "Why aren't you using chopsticks? You're all eating rice and look Chinese, so you MUST be Chinese, right? And since you're all Chinese, you MUST eat rice using chopsticks, right?"

My follow up post already said that I probably could have done my first post here better, but I couldn't really care to do it. And I did explain things to him as I was slapping him around in the following posts. I even promised to leave him alone if he continued to try and bait stuff from me. He left after that last post though. He left because of one or more of the following:
(1) He got my point
(2) He couldn't come up with anything to refute my arguments
(3) I was a giant meanie weanie

I really don't care why.

The only thing you're pointing out is something I've already said. So what's your point? Oh wait, you're also pointing out that I'm mean. I think everyone here already knows I'm not exactly a pleasant guy if you present yourself as a jackass. I won't apologise, nor will I treat the next troll any better. But because Jen is a nice person, and I don't want to chase new people away from her hard work unnecessarily, I can promise you that if you respond faster that I do the next time, and the troll doesn't follow up with more nonsense, I won't touch him/her/it. Good enough? Good. No? Too bad.

Off topic: More and more of my favourite Chinese games are being turned into drama serials. Muahaha! :P :P :P
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

User avatar
~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:02 am
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan
Location: Digital World
Contact:

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't consider myself a "decent human being", but thanks anyway.

I myself hate people who jump to conclusions, so the OP really disappointed me. However, I still believe that there's always a nicer way of doing things.


My follow up post already said that I probably could have done my first post here better.


After having read the previous page a few times, I still couldn't find that certain post... Perhaps you suggested it and I couldn't catch it... =\

Actually, from what I know, the Chinese aren't the only ones who eat rice with chopsticks... ^^"
However, considering that the Xian Jian series are all Chinese, it is surely difficult to understand the events in the game without a fair amount of Chinese reading skills. So it's legitimate for someone to assume that we're all Chinese.
Except westerners who studied Chinese can also understand the games ^^ Therefore his post is still annoying.


And I did explain things to him as I was slapping him around in the following posts.


You can't just expect someone to be calm and reasonable when they're being "slapped around" like that... I know I won't be able to take a reply like that without feeling sad or angry...

The only thing you're pointing out is something I've already said. So what's your point?


I'm...gonna make a guess that you're talking about how you could've been nicer with your posts? Well, I couldn't find them...

Not exactly a pleasant guy, hm? Well if that's how you are and that's how you want to be, then sure. I'm not a pleasant person either, but if I could change that, I would.

Well anyway, thanks for the notice so that I'll know not to get on your bad end. And in an attempt to make it stay that way, I probably won't be replying to any more of your posts. So far, this has been a wonderful site and I don't want another disappointment, especially since I doubt that I'll be able to find an English site based on Xian Jian that's as good as this one. I don't want this site to change for me.


I can promise you that if you respond faster that I do the next time, and the troll doesn't follow up with more nonsense, I won't touch him/her/it. Good enough? Good. No? Too bad.


If I see a so-called "troll" like that, I'll try. But I'm not going to make too much of an effort, as I have many things that I should spend my time on instead of trying to win a race against someone on the internet.
Image
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:49 am
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby God » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:08 am

God wrote:My follow up post already said that I probably could have done my first post here better.


~IllusionQueen~ wrote:After having read the previous page a few times, I still couldn't find that certain post... Perhaps you suggested it and I couldn't catch it... =\


God wrote:In retrospect, I could've started my earlier post with this question, but meh lol.


There. Tiny sliver, but it's there.

~IllusionQueen~ wrote:Actually, from what I know, the Chinese aren't the only ones who eat rice with chopsticks... ^^"


Exactly. I used chopsticks because they supposedly orignated from -and rice because it was supposedly domesticated in- China. Does it mean only Chinese use chopsticks or eat rice? Do only Chinese people understand Mandarin/Chinese dialects? Since not only Chinese people understand those languages, can't other ethnic groups play Xian Jian? Substitute those for any other stereotypes, and it'll mean about the same thing. Since you understand why he is annoying, then you can understand why I was annoyed.

~IllusionQueen~ wrote:You can't just expect someone to be calm and reasonable when they're being "slapped around" like that... I know I won't be able to take a reply like that without feeling sad or angry...


I didn't expect anyone to be calm and reasonable. I wanted the poster to feel sad or angry. He came in here and jumped to a conclusion on a whim. What if we were Chinese? What if we weren't? What was his point? He pissed me off, I reacted. If I would have received any penalty for my behaviour, I wouldn't have made a sound, because I knew I would've deserved it.

~IllusionQueen~ wrote:[color=#808080]Not exactly a pleasant guy, hm? Well if that's how you are and that's how you want to be, then sure. I'm not a pleasant person either, but if I could change that, I would.


If you really wanted to, you could. In fact, you seem okay to me. Perhaps you're not in real life, but I don't know you "there", do I? And I said I'm not pleasant if you present yourself as a jackass. Which, in my opinion, the poster did.

~IllusionQueen~ wrote:And in an attempt to make it stay that way, I probably won't be replying to any more of your posts.


If you do in the same manner as you've done so far, I see nothing wrong with it. Of course if you choose not to reply to any of my posts, that's really not my problem. I'd like a new friend who seems decent and likes Xian Jian, but I can't control your mind, can I?

God wrote:I can promise you that if you respond faster that I do the next time, and the troll doesn't follow up with more nonsense, I won't touch him/her/it. Good enough? Good. No? Too bad.


~IllusionQueen~ wrote:If I see a so-called "troll" like that, I'll try. But I'm not going to make too much of an effort, as I have many things that I should spend my time on instead of trying to win a race against someone on the internet.


There really isn't a race. I post for a bit, then disappear to handle real life while ninja-reading stuff once in a while. Once every month or two, maybe. If I find something worth replying to, I do that. This is more of a "if you get to the finish line first, then I'll not get to the finish line first" kind of thing. There isn't a prize or anything to win here, really.
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

User avatar
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: you've played all kinds of pal games?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 pm

aww, I hope you two can make up. To me, you're both awesome and big fans of Xian Jian so lets focus on the positives and enjoy our time here :)

Wouldn't want either of you leaving :cry:
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~
Image


Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests