Chinese Paladin V Side Hobby

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

LaurenceP
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yunfan

Chinese Paladin V Side Hobby

Postby LaurenceP » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 am

Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while now and thought I should sign up and share something I've been working on as a side hobby.

I have a few international friends who are Chinese as well as my wife who has introduced me to the Xian Jian series of games. I recently played through V. I decided to see if I could get "Hello world to popup in the game text" and after a few days of trial and error, I managed to get it to work. so me and another guy decided to translate some of the game into English. So far as fans, we have translated 1,245 lines into English of the mainline strings. I have also inserted 875 lines back into the game. In terms of progress that is 1245/7155 or 17.4% of the mainline text translated. I am looking for anyone who may be interested in translating some of the game into English.

I also looked at Xian Jian IV. I could change some of the text in the game, and recompress the script in LZO format but could not work out the header structure for repacking it into cpk.

:)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Chinese Paladin V Side Hobby

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi there, and welcome! Nice to have you onboard :)

This sounds like a great project! Unfortunately my Chinese isn't that great so I won't be able to help much.. hopefully someone else can contribute!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:53 am

Awesome!~ :P
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

LaurenceP
Hero Wannabe

Postby LaurenceP » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I have released some of the progress I've made http://www.4shared.com/archive/GNgFXsEwce/data.html

if you have the game, give it a try. Just place the uncompressed Data folder into your config directory of the game (PAL5\Config\Data). It is optimised for 720p and I haven't had time to test each line in the game. at 1080p the font spacing is larger and less text can fit into the textbox and unlike Chinese characters causes English character to chop off on each new line. It is about roughly 4hrs of gameplay translated, only story text.

Valius
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Lin Yue Ru

Postby Valius » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:17 am

This is great! I recently lamented that giving an effective translation of PAL1, even the Windows XP edition, was quite difficult due to textbox sizes, but I'm intrigued about efforts to translate the later games in the series.

Now to go dig out that copy of 5....

LaurenceP
Hero Wannabe

Postby LaurenceP » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Update on translation. Mainline text 1-7/38 translated. Made an error in previous post, which was actually 2hrs translated. Now 3 hrs has been translated. Translated to the point where Jiang Yun fan's village recovers from sleeping poison. Here is the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/h38LGpUuba/Data.html
Replace Data.pkg in the config folder with the downloaded one. Due to the textbox sizes, 720p is the optimal resolution. 1080p cuts some of the characters due to scaling. Looking for more people to help translate (only one translator and busy lives), I have written a tool to help conveniently edit string lines from the game. Let me know if you can contribute.

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”