how do i install the game?

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

EmilyHsiao
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby EmilyHsiao » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:20 pm

optic_girl_yo wrote:
EmilyHsiao wrote:Password:http://www.zhaolinger.net
No, it's different from 95 and dos version.
dos→dos version
Pal95→in 1995(in Taiwan,Traditional Chinese[BIG5] )
Pal98→in 1998(in China,Simplified Chinese[GB2312])
NPal新仙劍→The same to XP version

The final result cartoons of dos is difference between 95 and dos.

The password for extracting the file is http://www.zhaolinger.net ? When I type it, it says wrong password?

Yes, the pw is the same this one.

Simpleeme88
Hero Wannabe

Ummm.....When we download the game, is it in Chinese?

Postby Simpleeme88 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 pm

Hey people...I am a Newbie...So, don't mind my stupidity...So, if we downloaded the game, is it possible that we can have it English? If so, how?

Thanks.
-GG LOVES HER BABIIES & HUBB.

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:31 pm

Not yet. There was a group working on an English translation for the XP version of XJ1, but it has not been completed.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Re: Ummm.....When we download the game, is it in Chinese?

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:27 am

Simpleeme88 wrote:Hey people...I am a Newbie...So, don't mind my stupidity...So, if we downloaded the game, is it possible that we can have it English? If so, how?

Thanks.

Currently English Versions are not availble... I like English also.. Easier to read... :D But now, we only got a English DEMO version which ended at about half or a little more or less of the whole story... :(

Azeroth07
Hero Wannabe

Postby Azeroth07 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:29 am

Can someone here teach me how to make my computer able to read Chinese pls, it seems that all the Chinese words in my computer appera to b µwºÐªÅ¶¡¬O§_¨¬°÷.¦w¸Ë«eµwºÐªÅ¶¡³Ì¦n¯à¦b1.8GB¥H¤W I want to somehow convert these code. You helped would b very much appreciated ty!

Also how to make my computer able to support unicode character?

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:02 am

Go to control panel, then regional settings. Under language settings, make sure the box(es) for Chinese is/are checked. If it is not, then you'd have to check it, and it will ask for the Windows installation CD. I believe it's possible to get the software from Microsoft Update. After installation the language support, click on Set Default just below the list of languages, and change your locale to the appropriate Chinese location. Restart your computer to apply the changes in order to display the Chinese.

Note that this may cause some of the more international software to change their display to Chinese.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 pm

Hey all.. Could you read this picture and answer my question.. Thanks in advance... :)

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:17 am

soulawaken wrote:Hey all.. Could you read this picture and answer my question.. Thanks in advance... :)

nope, that only applies to your input language.

I use Microsoft AppLocale to play Xian Jian games. Basically it sets a specific language environment for a specific program.

This way I don't have to make changes to my computer's language settings (which I prefer to remain in English) in order to play Xian Jian

More info + DL: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

:wink:

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 am

tmt64 wrote:
soulawaken wrote:Hey all.. Could you read this picture and answer my question.. Thanks in advance... :)

nope, that only applies to your input language.

I use Microsoft AppLocale to play Xian Jian games. Basically it sets a specific language environment for a specific program.

This way I don't have to make changes to my computer's language settings (which I prefer to remain in English) in order to play Xian Jian

More info + DL: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

:wink:

Hey... Thanks a lot.. :D Now I don't have to worry about language any more... :D

Er.. so do you just install the game and apply it to the game file?

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:14 pm

install the game, then run applocale. It will ask you to select the exe (palgame.exe inside the game folder), then select the language (should be Chinese Simplified), then it will ask if you want to create a shortcut to it (say yes to skip the above steps next time you run it). So every time you want to play, just run the shortcut it created for you (should be in Start > All Programs > Microsoft AppLocale). And ofcourse, you could cut/copy this shortcut anywhere and it would still run it with AppLocale.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 am

tmt64 wrote:install the game, then run applocale. It will ask you to select the exe (palgame.exe inside the game folder), then select the language (should be Chinese Simplified), then it will ask if you want to create a shortcut to it (say yes to skip the above steps next time you run it). So every time you want to play, just run the shortcut it created for you (should be in Start > All Programs > Microsoft AppLocale). And ofcourse, you could cut/copy this shortcut anywhere and it would still run it with AppLocale.

Oh... Ok... Thanks a lot.... Now all I have to do is wait for the download to finish and install the game and do as you say... Btw you mean you apply it to the set-up file (EXE.) before you download it or apply it to the installed files?

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:21 am

apply it to the setup file on disk1, so the installation won't be all jumbled letters. Then after you install it, apply it to the game file so the game will display proper text.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 pm

tmt64 wrote:apply it to the setup file on disk1, so the installation won't be all jumbled letters. Then after you install it, apply it to the game file so the game will display proper text.

Ok. Thanks a lot... Does it works on other chinese games?

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:59 am

I've used applocale on pal3, other these pal games I haven't played much chinese games these years :lol:

But normally it should work for most chinese games/apps.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:30 am

tmt64 wrote:I've used applocale on pal3, other these pal games I haven't played much chinese games these years :lol:

But normally it should work for most chinese games/apps.

Oh.. ok. thanks... I am going to try on my other games( nothing related to CP or PAL)... Hope it works... :D

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”