PAL XP Version - Guides for Mazes & Walkthroughs

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Raymond
Hero Wannabe

PAL XP Version - Guides for Mazes & Walkthroughs

Postby Raymond » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:12 am

Hi all,

like what the topic suggested, i need some guides for the XP PAL.

im a very 'direction idiotic' person. i cannot get around any mazes with a very lagged brain of mine. haha.

could any heroes/da xia provides any guides or walkthroughs? very much appreciated.

i like to complete this game as i finally located the XP version in my country after 2 weeks of searching. haha.

my current progress is just the begining where xiao yao is going to the divine island to take medicine and im stuck at the lotus pond already.

many thanks in advance!
要曾经拿起拥有,才有资格放下。

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 am

I'll let you know when I can find one, but really, I don't think its too hard with the beginning mazes. With the lilypad place, you just have to keep in mind which paths u've taken and havent taken. Every path takes you somewhere.

The mazes only goes a bit spastic towards the end @__@ Got me stuck for hours XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:25 am

Okay, I found some maps/walkthroughs for XP Version!

http://keung.myweb.hinet.net/newpalmap.htm

You click on which part you're up to and its has some maps of the mazes.
Hope this helps =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Okay, I found some maps/walkthroughs for XP Version!

http://keung.myweb.hinet.net/newpalmap.htm

You click on which part you're up to and its has some maps of the mazes.
Hope this helps =)

thanks a bunch for the link. I am stuck on 黑水鎮之將軍塚 (http://keung.myweb.hinet.net/gost.htm).

I didn't follow the guide when I first entered the maze, and I walked around and pushed the tiles randomly. Now I cannot advance further into the maze.

Is there anyway to "reset" the tiles and the doors? If not, someone please upload a save file close to this stage of the game :?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm

erm... don't think you can reset unless you get back outside of the whole maze. It is best to remember which way you go, since it can get hectic. However, this maze really wasn't that hard (compared to CRAZY ones near the end which i fear to try again ;_;..lol)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:51 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:erm... don't think you can reset unless you get back outside of the whole maze. It is best to remember which way you go, since it can get hectic. However, this maze really wasn't that hard (compared to CRAZY ones near the end which i fear to try again ;_;..lol)

Haha... Looks like this game is quite difficult.. Starting to get worried... :roll:

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:erm... don't think you can reset unless you get back outside of the whole maze. It is best to remember which way you go, since it can get hectic. However, this maze really wasn't that hard (compared to CRAZY ones near the end which i fear to try again ;_;..lol)

I went back to the entrance, out of the maze, went back in and the tiles were still all pressed down :(

I'm currently making my way back to the village, hopefully this will reset it :?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Its not a bad thing though..all tiles will need to be pressed eventually =) Just walk back inside and keep in mind which way you're going.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 am

Actually, I did some research and found out that one of the tiles on the 3rd (bottom) floor is bugged, and sometimes did not open the door it was supposed to. :x

I managed to download a sav file right before the battle vs. the general (boss of that maze). The items and money were about what I had before, but I had to run around and level each character once =/

If anyone else gets stuck just PM me for the sav =D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:54 pm

ah, ic.. glad it worked out for you =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm

tmt64 wrote:Actually, I did some research and found out that one of the tiles on the 3rd (bottom) floor is bugged, and sometimes did not open the door it was supposed to. :x

I managed to download a sav file right before the battle vs. the general (boss of that maze). The items and money were about what I had before, but I had to run around and level each character once =/

If anyone else gets stuck just PM me for the sav =D

Haha... grats to you... Still waiting for the download to complete... So that I can try out the game... :( I have a question... My computer is Windows XP home edition... So which one would work for my computer?

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:32 am

All the Xian Jian versions should work on Windows XP.

However I must warn you that the XP version crashes often (I would say 10% chance for me) while changing scenes (entering/exiting rooms). I usually save right before I switch scenes so in case it crashes nothing is lost. :)

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:28 pm

tmt64 wrote:All the Xian Jian versions should work on Windows XP.

However I must warn you that the XP version crashes often (I would say 10% chance for me) while changing scenes (entering/exiting rooms). I usually save right before I switch scenes so in case it crashes nothing is lost. :)

So should I just play the New PAL? Or play the New PAL XP?

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:18 am

They are both the same game, but I would suggest the newest XP version (the drama series themed box set released 2007). I remember playing new pal before this version and I'm pretty sure that one crashed a lot more than the new XP version.

I suggest you to play the original DOS or 95 version if you haven't played it yet. The graphics aren't as good as the XP version, and the mazes are generally 10 times harder and longer, but its the root of all Xian Jian stuff and you should definitely play it.

You can still play the XP version after you beat the original, and trust me it won't be boring :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:26 am

hehe..nothing beats the original ^^ I agree..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”