Help

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

hey all, I know I am a noob but this is my first time playing NewPalXP. I am stuck at the Lilly pads of the Xian Ling Tao. I don't know why whichever lilly pad I took, it basically led me back to the same place. Is a certain formation required? If not how do you get across that Lilly Pads. Somebody Pls help me!!! Thanks... Anyway, I can't find a picture of a map for this area in the guides... :cry:

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Post by Whistler »

well I have to say that part is basically the easiest part of the game (no offense)...

And no it doesn't require any "formation", just try each pad and you'll get it. It would be better if you try to memorize about where the pads you've already took lead you to...

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

Whistler wrote:well I have to say that part is basically the easiest part of the game (no offense)...

And no it doesn't require any "formation", just try each pad and you'll get it. It would be better if you try to memorize about where the pads you've already took lead you to...
The problem is from my memory, I have tried every single pad possible again and again. Including the big lilly pad which just turn one round and come back. LOL But could you give me some hints where the correct one should be? Lol.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

it's hard to describe, but the only way is to memorise the route you've taken. For example, try the right hand side first.. like every every lily pad will lead to other lily pads, but keep taking the one furthest to the right. Then when u cant go anymore, go backwards and gradually be where you started and work your way across to the left. That way can ensure you've reached every way.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Post by Rich »

soulawaken wrote:
Whistler wrote:well I have to say that part is basically the easiest part of the game (no offense)...

The problem is from my memory, I have tried every single pad possible again and again. Including the big lilly pad which just turn one round and come back. LOL But could you give me some hints where the correct one should be? Lol.

Check the map, see if it helps.

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=243503396

The second one is the one you want

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

Thanks for the Maps... :D Now at the map with alot of snakes. Looking for Ling'er. I have a question. Is that cave called 隐龙窟?

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Rich »

soulawaken wrote:Thanks for the Maps... :D Now at the map with alot of snakes. Looking for Ling'er. I have a question. Is that cave called 隐龙窟?
That is correct.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

Another Question (sorry, I am a noob).

What level should you be by the time you defeated the Fox Demon and saed found Ling'er. I have defeated the monks. I not sure whether my level is enough to advance to face the other challenges... :( By the way, I am lv 10 for all characters now. Except Ling'er who is level 9...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

I can't quite remember the levels to be exact ^^;; Just remember that since this is an rpg, it is required that you fight as many monsters as you can to level up. Remember, Ling Er will leave you soon, and you'll be left with only Xiao Yao and Yue Ru.

Just the higher the level, the easier the battles will be. If you find yourself struggling against bad guys, level up a bit =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I can't quite remember the levels to be exact ^^;; Just remember that since this is an rpg, it is required that you fight as many monsters as you can to level up. Remember, Ling Er will leave you soon, and you'll be left with only Xiao Yao and Yue Ru.

Just the higher the level, the easier the battles will be. If you find yourself struggling against bad guys, level up a bit =)
Yeah. I know. Now i already fighting my way up the mountain. Shi Zhang Lao will take Ling'er away at the top. I heard that in the 98 version there is no way to defeat Shi Zhang Lao. Is it the same for the New version? And by the way, all my characters are level 15 except Ling'er who is 14. :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

hahaa, I dont think its possible to beta him..so what you can do is try "block" XD I dunno..and dont waste any good items on him ^^;
You're gonna see... a familiar character from the drama =D! Guess who..? hehe
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Rich »

soulawaken wrote:
Yeah. I know. Now i already fighting my way up the mountain. Shi Zhang Lao will take Ling'er away at the top. I heard that in the 98 version there is no way to defeat Shi Zhang Lao. Is it the same for the New version? And by the way, all my characters are level 15 except Ling'er who is 14. :D

Your levels are good enough. Don't worry about it. This game is more about skills than pure levels. I've heard that one master player can beat the final boss with level 13 characters...

Also, Shi Zhang Lao can be defeated in both the 98 version and the New version (it takes about one hour to defeat him, and you have to be really good at knowing what to do...). The storyline does not change, so don't worry about it.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Post by Whistler »

... and you'll only get 102 Exp. and $102 after beating Shi Zhang Lao, who has 32,767 HP :)

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

Yeah. Now at the eight floor of the Suo Yao Ta (Lock-Demon-Tower?)...
Xiao Yao Level 25 and Yue Ru level 24... :D Going to see Ling'er soon... :D I think my level is really not enough. I got killed by the spider demon three times.. Lol.. But at least now got some good skills. So should I keep the ultimate move taught by the Drunken Saint for the final boss. It is pretty powerful. But I think you only could use it for five times or so... cos not enough wine... Another thing, what happens after the whole game ends. Will the save game be deleted for you to start again? Or could you continue it? (but how you continue? Back from the start? lol?)

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Post by LotsOfLayne »

Don't worry about the Wine God, you only need like 2 to defeat the final boss. You are allowed 9 so fire away, unless you don't have any wine, then you are out of luck. As for the saved game, you can save right before you fight the final boss. After you win, you will not be able to save. So everytime you want to watch the ending again, you will have to beat the boss over again. Also, don't worry about the levels, if it's your first time playing, you are probably not that good at avoiding monsters, so ur experience is probably sufficient to get you through. BTW are you like the game better or the drama?
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.