Crashed while playing XP version...

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

ADADQGG
Hero Wannabe

Crashed while playing XP version...

Postby ADADQGG » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:28 am

the game crashed when I exit the island after getting the medicine for Xiao Yao's aunt(and after XY slept with Ling er, and after that maze).

is there a fix for that?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Crashed while playing XP version...

Postby Whistler » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:39 am

ADADQGG wrote:the game crashed when I exit the island after getting the medicine for Xiao Yao's aunt(and after XY slept with Ling er, and after that maze).

is there a fix for that?

Are you sure you're really using the "XP" version and not the initially released NewPAL version?

Try the NewPAL XP version if you are running Windows 2000/XP/Vista (i.e., the one with Hu Ge, Liu Yifei and An Yixuan on the box, not the original release of NewPAL with game characters on the box). Note that the Simplified Chinese version of NewPAL XP is somewhat buggy so it would be better if you can find the Traditional one.

The original NewPAL will only work well under Win98/ME.

EDIT: Here is the program file of NewPAL XP Traditional Chinese version, try replacing the original palgame.exe file with this one and see if it works:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38545906/palgame.7z.html

ADADQGG
Hero Wannabe

Postby ADADQGG » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:59 am

thanks, it works now.

now I just need to figure out how to make my system display chinses in Xian Jian 4...

help?

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby LotsOfLayne » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Whistler wrote:
EDIT: Here is the program file of NewPAL XP Traditional Chinese version, try replacing the original palgame.exe file with this one and see if it works:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38545906/palgame.7z.html

How do you "replace" the original file??? I have the same problem.
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:56 pm

well there are actually 2 different versions, "NewPAL" and "NewPAL XP". The original NewPAL version has the problem, but the XP version does not. If you are using the original NewPAL version, just copy the program file from the XP version the problem will be solved.

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby LotsOfLayne » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 am

Can anyone provide me with the program file from the XP version? The link above has the file with .tz at the end. It doesn't exactly start the game. Thanks

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am

LotsOfLayne wrote:Can anyone provide me with the program file from the XP version? The link above has the file with .tz at the end. It doesn't exactly start the game. Thanks

it's .7z, and not .tz :P just extract it with an archiver like 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a palgame.exe file and that's it.

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby LotsOfLayne » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks Whistler. Do you happen to have one in simplified Chinese? That would be much appreciated!

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:57 pm

sorry I don't have the Simplified Chinese XP version... but the Simplified Chinese version of NewPAL XP is rather buggy (e.g., opening some chests will result in crashes or being teleported to somewhere else which made the game non-continueable) so it's not recommended :(

uclangel2003
Hero Wannabe

Postby uclangel2003 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 am

im also playing the new xp traditional version and it keeps crashing as well

its crashes right when yue ru tries to go back into the cave (after we find ling er sick at the doctors, and we get yue ru to try to get the ingredients back in town), walking anywhere else is fine, but it just crashes every time i try to go back into the cave

anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? are these crashes common?

thanks in advance!

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 pm

uclangel2003 wrote:im also playing the new xp traditional version and it keeps crashing as well

its crashes right when yue ru tries to go back into the cave (after we find ling er sick at the doctors, and we get yue ru to try to get the ingredients back in town), walking anywhere else is fine, but it just crashes every time i try to go back into the cave

anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? are these crashes common?

thanks in advance!

Hmmm, Dun think anything can be done about the crashing. When I am playing it, it does crash every now and then and I meant like after a battle, it just hanged there. What I did was, i save the game every small progress I made, like clearly a portion of the maze or clearing a certain long scene. =) Because I remembered the first time I played it hanged when I was at the end of the largest maze in the game (forget the name). And I didn't save. Almost cried coz I have to start from the front again. T_T

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:03 am

NewPal crashes on ME also. It only works on 98/95, personal experience.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:56 pm

there are two versions of NewPAL, one is released in 2001 which has the crashing problem, and there is also another version titles "NewPAL XP" released in 2005 which fixed the problem (this version has characters of TV drama on the box instead of game characters).

If you are running Windows 2000/XP, you will need the XP version and not the old version.

Disasterous
Hero Wannabe

Postby Disasterous » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Sigh.. Rapidshare has removed the file due to inactivity. Now I can't resolve the errors.

Jifeng
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Jifeng » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 am

I have those crash problems too. Could anyone re-upload the New Pal XP program files ?
Another question : do I only have to replace the palgame.exe file with the new one ? Even if the version I have is simplified chinese (and the other one traditional), will it work ?

(By the way I'm new here, hello everybody ! :roll:)

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”