Xian Jian IV: What I played so far..... :D

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 am

LOL. saw a guy from Shu Shan Sect. He is wearing purple ropes... Which means that his skills are amongst the highest in Shu Shan... He walked away after awhile. I want to see him again!!! :D

Pal Fan
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Pal Fan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:55 am

soulawaken wrote:LOL. saw a guy from Shu Shan Sect. He is wearing purple ropes... Which means that his skills are amongst the highest in Shu Shan... He walked away after awhile. I want to see him again!!! :D

You can finish part 2 of it by going to the city which has been tricked by the fox spirit. Re-enter the maze again via the city, and you'll be able to see what happens.
Xiao Yao and Ling Er fan! <3

WHEN ME NO HAFS C00K13S, ME GO ANGRY GRGRRRRZ@!@!!

eyoat
Hero Wannabe

Postby eyoat » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:54 pm

~~~~i've already finished pal IV. I think it has really made a great breakthrough in the series! I am quite moved by the stories and cried for them many times. Actually, i haven't ever cried once for pal I(maybe i was too young to understand certain things when i first played it = =). I plan to go back to play the old series one by one around in my future holidays~

davidzwb
Hero Wannabe

Postby davidzwb » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:34 am

hao :)

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:22 pm

for PAL4 I only played to the place right after meeting Mengli... as I just keep getting BSOD's during playing due to VIA's buggy driver and unable to continue unless I buy a new video card :( basically I'm a little disappointed at the gameplay but actually I disliked any strongly turn-based systems :) the graphics are good except some minor glitches, and musics are good too :)

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Kenshin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Well I'm up to the tomb where you have to move around pieces to open the door and I'm stuck. The pictures on the second page didn't really help much and neither did the tips on how to solve. Anyway, this is what I'm looking at.

But other than that, I'm having fun. Even though I don't know how learning magic works, how to forge weapons, what that big circle that shows up sometimes when I kill enemies, the 3 symbols relating to magic, or the name of items and magic and what they do, I'm having a lot of fun.

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Rich » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:55 am

^ You are supposed to move the biggest block to the bottom...

By the way, if you see a circle symbol showing up when you are killing enemies, press space bar on your keyboard immediately. It's a bonus attack. :-)

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Kenshin » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Haha thanks. Anyway, I'm done with that part. Now I'm up to where I have to collect wine jugs for the old man. Nothing difficult.

Anyway, this is what I meant by a circle showing up sometimes during a victory.
Does it mean something? After that I usually get a special item or something but I don't know what it is.

And I got a question, how come I can't open certain chests like these? Do I need a key or something?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:24 pm

that's the "rank" for this battle. Basically the fewer turns you take to beat the enemies, and the stronger the enemies are, the higher rank you'll receive. A high-ranked battle will result in getting more items for bonus.

also, you need to switch to Han Lingsha to open some chests (press the Tab key).

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Kenshin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks for the help. And here's many big thanks for future help from anyone.

Anyway, I have a few questions about the story so far:

1. How did the group end up at Kunlun? Why did they go?

2. Why did that lady send the group into (I'm guessing) an alternate dimension where they met the old man and the guy that sat on a cat?

3. Who is the man that's frozen in a chunk of ice with a sword sticking out? How did he get that way? And why did Murong get mad when he saw the group there?

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 am

Kenshin wrote:Thanks for the help. And here's many big thanks for future help from anyone.

Anyway, I have a few questions about the story so far:

1. How did the group end up at Kunlun? Why did they go?

2. Why did that lady send the group into (I'm guessing) an alternate dimension where they met the old man and the guy that sat on a cat?

3. Who is the man that's frozen in a chunk of ice with a sword sticking out? How did he get that way? And why did Murong get mad when he saw the group there?

Regarding ur first question. I believe they travelled up the Kun Lun hills to get up to the Kun Lun Sect Headquarters? And i think they went there because they wanted to find out more about Jian Xian or something? which they initially thought had something to do with the history of YunTianHe's father. Also, I remembered that they were amazed by the skills of MuRongZiYin, so they just wanted to join the KunLun Sect and learn some? (pls correct me if I am wrong)

Regarding ur second question, i can't really remember. But i believe it is supposed to be a test for you. There is 2 or 3 rounds which are relatively easy to complete. Except the money one which is a bit irritating.

Regarding your third question, I think you had not completed the game yet right? If i explain in details, it will be spoilers. But all i could say is he is basically not really a good guy. And he will be the final boss. But there are a lot of conflicts between him and YunTianHe's father, you will find out soon. =) Lastly, Murong got mad when he saw the group there is because that area is forbidden to all Sect members, that's all. Murong himself don't even know what is the use of that forbidden area. *Laughs*

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Kenshin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:18 am

I see. Is it a spoiler to know why he was frozen or how Kunlun got to having him?

Well now I have a question about the gameplay. After Murong joined the party, that empty icon shaped like a hammer became usable. I'm guessing it has to do with powering up weapons but I'm not sure. I don't know how it works. I know you have to buy scrolls, but I don't know which ones to buy so I just literally bought them all and only a few of them managed to work.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Kenshin wrote:I see. Is it a spoiler to know why he was frozen or how Kunlun got to having him?

Well now I have a question about the gameplay. After Murong joined the party, that empty icon shaped like a hammer became usable. I'm guessing it has to do with powering up weapons but I'm not sure. I don't know how it works. I know you have to buy scrolls, but I don't know which ones to buy so I just literally bought them all and only a few of them managed to work.

MuRong is a expert who knows how to forge weapons and armors. You do not only need the scrolls to forge, but also the raw materials. Those raw materials can be bought from shops as well.

Do not start to forge at the start. I feel that it is quite a waste of money. Because as you proceed on with the game and enter new cities, you will find scrolls to forge even better weapon and armor. The most powerful will be the scrolls bought from the demon realm, which you will enter later. As for that frozen man, you will find out as the story progresses.

But i got an advice for you. Train harder and try to make sure that your level is not too low. Because that frozen man is the final boss which is really tough to defeat. Even when i was level 80+ i took 10-15min to defeat him. =(

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Kenshin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:25 pm

10-15 min. at 80+? Ooh I'm doomed. It'll probably take me twice as long then since I still don't have a clear definition of each skill. And taking your advice, I've been training for a while. Right now, Murong is at 46 and the rest are at 44. Is this good so far?

Anyway, question time.
1. What was that scroll that Tianhe gave to the frozen man and why?
2. Who are the girls that hang around a tree when they go into the fire cave?
3. And speaking of the fire cave, any tips to beat the boss? He usually kills me by using an attack that hits 4000+ multiple times and I don't know if I have items that can bring the characters back. :(
4. And this may be a dumb question but are there sidequests in the game? I noticed that there are pictures of events that happened in the icon next to the hammer that haven't disappeared.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Kenshin wrote:10-15 min. at 80+? Ooh I'm doomed. It'll probably take me twice as long then since I still don't have a clear definition of each skill. And taking your advice, I've been training for a while. Right now, Murong is at 46 and the rest are at 44. Is this good so far?

Anyway, question time.
1. What was that scroll that Tianhe gave to the frozen man and why?
2. Who are the girls that hang around a tree when they go into the fire cave?
3. And speaking of the fire cave, any tips to beat the boss? He usually kills me by using an attack that hits 4000+ multiple times and I don't know if I have items that can bring the characters back. :(
4. And this may be a dumb question but are there sidequests in the game? I noticed that there are pictures of events that happened in the icon next to the hammer that haven't disappeared.

Answer time (I not sure if it is correct. It has been ages since i played PAL4. So Whistler, pls correct me if I am wrong. XD)

1. I can't remember what scroll is that. But I think it is something to help him get out of his frozen state. TianHe will pass him his sword (the sword that TianHe always shoots out as an arrow). That was a trick. TianHe was naive and was tricked by the frozen man to give up that sword. Because with that sword and the red colour sword that was stucked to the ice, that man could trap the demon realm when it appears and suck its energy to become immortals or something.

2. I remembered that TianHe and his gang went into that tree in order to get the fruit of that tree to help free that frozen man. However, those two girls are the guardians of the tree. I are willing to help TianHe. But one of them is very ambitious and wants to use the energy of the fruit to turn into a god or something. But then to become a god, one has to have a good heart, which she doesn't, so she was killed by the overwealming energy. And i think these two girls' lifes are linked. Means if one dies, the other will perish. So the other died in the end also.

3. 4000+ multiple times? I don't remember that!!! I only know that fire monster is really powerful. But I am very sure he only use that move as an ultimate move once every few turns? So the trick is, kill it fast with poisons or whatever. But then i really don't remember it is that powerful. Multiple hits of 4k+? That's even more powerful than the final boss. LOL
Hmmm, I remember there is a potion that revive your members, which should be available at some shops. And one of your characters should have a skill that revive. So you will beat it after all. =)

4. This question i really cannot answer as i did not go try doing sidequests. Because ignoring them doesn't affects the game progress.

Lastly, for the final bosses. At the last part of the game, the frozen guy and the female leader of KunLunSect (the one who sent you to the other realm) will engage you in a battle. I think they are using the two powerful swords which i mentioned above in Answer 1. They are not too hard to defeat. Their moves won't do much to my character when they were at level 80 because at level 80, should have around 7k-9k hp. But then i hate the one hit KO move which deal 8k+ damage to a single character. It can kill all my characters except TianHe who have 9k hp. Other than that, they will just force you to use potions oftenly and thus slowing down the battle. But they are a bit more difficult compared to BaiYue and the water demon (Final Boss in original PAL)

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”