So how good is XJ V

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

So how good is XJ V

Postby Lightbrand » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 am

I don't think I'll ever have the drive to play through III to V just for the story, especially with III and IV being made by new developers and have tangentially anything to do with the original.

But since V was said to be the return of Yao being the showrunner and the true sequel to the original two maybe it'd finally bring us closure to those of us who expected more.

So did we get any more insight regarding our original hero and what was that "voice" during the final fight in II, or how about the YiRu story line developed in XJ Online? Or is the new game 99% about the new hero and his adventure in which case having Yao back isn't that big a deal after all?

Spoiler me
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: So how good is XJ V

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Nooooooo idea, since I haven't played XDDDD I'm planning to watch the Chinese Paladin 5 drama though ^^"
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: So how good is XJ V

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Well XJ3 Sidestory is connected to XJ3 AND XJ1.

Xiao Yao is indeed in XJ5, but it'll be odd to play XJ5 but not play XJ5 Prequel afterwards...

I heard that XJ5's story isn't that great though, but I haven't finished XJ5 yet so I can't judge.

Yes we do get a little bit of insight regarding Xiao Yao in XJ5. There is no solid proof of who the voice was in the final battle in XJ2, but most people believe that it was Ling Er. I did not play and do not plan to play XJ Online since XJ Online's story might not be the actual story.

I still recommend playing 3-6, since those games have touching parts and great stories in them as well. Many feel that XJ4's story is almost as good as XJ1's.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”